Would anyone be willing to drive their car in my wedding??

I am getting married on 9/21/02 and just found out late last week that the limousine we reserved (an Excalibur limo) (and paid for in full back in April!) was sold due to mechanical problems 2 months ago so we no longer have a limo for our wedding. (That's a whole other story in itself!!!) Would anybody be willing to drive my fiance and I from the church to the reception in one of their classic cars? We are located in Hershey, PA. We would be willing to pay you and provide you with a meal at the reception. We would be most grateful! Please email me at scorpiosoul@earthlink.net. Thanks!

Hello -<P>You might be able to talk Peter Hartmann into doing it, but you'll have to hear his lecture on what makes a car a classic and ad infinitum jokes about Brittany Spears and lawn tractors. You might be better off walking shocked.gif" border="0.<P>Seriously, no hobbyists will likely do it due to insurance restrictions. You need to call a professional service for this. Hope this helps.<p>[ 08-18-2002: Message edited by: Cecil Bozarth ]

We do seem to be running into the issue of nobody being available since September is a popular month for shows...I haven't heard anything about insurance restrictions though...can't see that being an issue because it's not like we'd be driving, the owner would be driving and if they are local to us, they would not be putting a lot of miles on the car, and we wouldn't have alcohol in the car or anything like that either. But because nobody is available thus far, looks like we'll be stuck with the standard limousine. :-( PS - just for the record, it IS a nudist wedding! haha KIDDING! ;-)

Guest Chuck Conrad

Lisa, <P>Most collector car owners register their cars with restrictive Antique Auto plates and have very low priced Antique Auto insurance. Frequently the insurance, and sometimes the state-licensing agency, prohibits any commercial use of the car. This varies from state to state, but generally speaking, you could find yourself riding in a car that has either inadequate insurance, or no insurance at all because of the way it is being used as a part of your wedding. It might also be breaking state law. Most car owners don?t want to be put in a position of high personal liability. Likewise, you probably would be very unhappy to discover that there is no insurance, should the unthinkable happen.<P>Since you are in Hershey, the Mecca for all things old car related, have you called the local Hershey Region of AACA? The National Headquarters for AACA, as you probably know, is located on Governors Row, near the Hospital. Perhaps they can direct you to someone local who can help.

That does make sense now...thanks. We did in fact call the Hershey Region and were told that some phone calls were made but nobody was available...we also called the Gettysburg Region as well to no avail. Looks like we might just be stuck with some boring standard limousine...bummer! Thanks for all your help and guidance though! It was worth a shot! :-(