Michigan Buick Bash 2015

BUICK RACER

A tradition for over 20 years, the BCA  Michigan Chapters rotate hosting the MIchigan Buick Bash around each year one of the four hosts it and this year is Buicktown's turn. There's alot going on that day in and around Flint but was able to secure the Sloan Museum and Buick Galley for September 12, which is a Saturday and free admission also. Participants should contact me to RSVP for lunch which will be around $10, please let me know asap how many in your party and any special food requests. Here's the flyer

Buickbash2015.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

The schedule for the Michigan Buick Bash is for it to occur the Saturday after Labor Day, hence September 12th this year, Yes there are alot of other things going on, so we will make the best of it. The Frankenmuth Car Show, Bikes on the Bricks in Flint. There's also an invitation from Michigan International Speedway for Friday, the 11th, A quilt display in various locations around Flint and much more can be found.

See below for more info:

Hello to "BCA"ers in & around Michigan International Speedway.

Tim Booth, operations manager of M.I.S has invited members of the BCA to come to the Speedway on Friday, Sept 11th, to participate in their annual Blood Drive & display their cars in a special area. Because of the date, there will be special "9/11" tribute/display/museum & all blood donors will be given a full catered meal served in the "Champions  Pavillion".  Here is a great opportunity to establish a working relationship with Tim & the Michigan International Speedway. Many of you might recall that the Speedway has hosted some fantastic car shows & opened the track for touring for various club functions, including (2) BCA "After Tours" & the 2014 BDE Fall Tour.
I believe the BuickTown Chapter has also "driven the track" once or twice?  

Here is a suggestion, why not get a group together, plan a little "outing/tour" to M.I.S. on Friday, Sept 11th?  BTW, the cars need not be limited to Buicks so invite your friends from the AACA, HCCA, or whatever. Just remember it's about the "blood drive" & a tribute to the victums of 9/11. Who knows you just might attract future club members as a "side benefit", but more importantly you will be doing a great service in the community & establishing friendship with M.I.S. too. 

We realize that many of you will be attending the "Buick Bash" on Sept 12th hosted by the Buicktown Chapter, so why not simply
caravan up to M.I.S. on Friday, donate a pint of blood, eat a fantastic catered meal, check out the beautiful 9/11 museum as well as the
surroundings at the famous Speedway & then head on "up north" for the Buick Bash? 

For further details or questions you can call Tim @ (517) 592-1266 or email him @  
tbooth@mispeedway.com

WELCOME 2015 MICHIGAN BUICK BASH  

A block of hotel rooms at a reduced rate has been made available for MICHIGAN BUICK BASH attendee. Please contact the hotel by the date indicated in order to receive the discounted rate.  If you need further assistance, please contact Mona Murphy, at the Flint and Genesee Convention & Visitors Bureau.  Office: 810-600-1453, Cell: 810-348-9208,

e-mail: mmurphy@flintandgeneseee.org

Holiday Inn Express–Downtown/Cultural Area - $84  1150 Robert T. Longway Blvd. Flint, MI 48503 (Longway at I-475)
Phone: 810-238-7744        Fax: 810-238-4199

Ask for the MICHIGAN BUICK BASH rate or mention block code: MBB when calling the hotel directly to make reservations.  Reservation must be made by Sept. 5, 2015 to obtain this reduced rate.  Amenities included: hot & cold breakfast, fitness center, business center, wireless Internet, airport shuttle. Close to: downtown restaurants and pubs, Cultural Center, U of M-Flint & Flint Farmer’s Market. Sloan Museum is less than a mile from this hotel.   

Festival of Quilts - Various locations - September 10th-12th

Happening at 4 locations around downtown: Greater Flint Arts Council, Hoffman's Deco Deli, First Presbyterian Church & the Flint Public library

Bikes on the Bricks - Downtown Flint - September 11th - 13th 

Lunch at Sloan Museum at Noon in the Halfway Cafe, $10 per Person must RSVP by September 4 email