WTB 1969 Riviera Grill and Headlight Assembly

Guest OldAussie

Guest OldAussie

I have been looking for some time now and all leads so far have proved to be unfruitful. I have a grill (photo included) that I am trying to repair but I do not have the infill panels that attach to the headlight assemblies when the lights are off. The RHS assembly frame is also broken as is the plastic surround. I have attached photos of the parts I require as well as my damaged grill. I would be prepared to buy just the right hand side of a grill so that I can join it to my good LHS. The front bumper hides the centre of the grill anyway. Here in Western Australia where I live there are probably only a handful of Rivieras and certainly wreckers (Junk yards in America) do not have any at all. The car I am restoring did not have a grill and the donor car I bought in Washington had the broken grill I now have.

I have attached a photo of the car as it was when I bought it in LA. It has been painted now in two pack paint and the vinyl roof has been replaced. Front and rear bumpers have been rechromed, brakes overhauled, oil leaks fixed and rubber parts replaced. (including weather seals, engine mounts and suspension bushes).As well as the broken grill the donor car has supplied front brake drum/hub, several chrome trim items, original radio and many small hardware items. I am currently detailing the engine bay (paint decals etc), replacing water pump and timing gears and chain. I have also had to repair the timing cover.

Even if you do not have a grill for sale I would appreciate any suggestions as to where I may look for one.

post-104172-0-12389200-1438934657_thumb.post-104172-0-62600600-1438934689_thumb.post-104172-0-62825100-1438934730_thumb.post-104172-0-66458200-1438935001_thumb.

post-104172-0-53379800-1438936849_thumb.

post-104172-0-79506300-1438936875_thumb.

Not long ago, I found a website which has a 

"search" feature for all participating junkyards.

It is www.car-part.com.

Just enter your car, and the type of part you're

seeking, and it will list which junkyards have it.

I think it should be fruitful for a more modern

antique such as your nice '69 Riviera.

And please let us know how you make out.

It's nice to know someone was helped, especially

someone from a good distance away!

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

Guest OldAussie

Not long ago, I found a website which has a 

"search" feature for all participating junkyards.

It is www.car-part.com.

Just enter your car, and the type of part you're

seeking, and it will list which junkyards have it.

I think it should be fruitful for a more modern

antique such as your nice '69 Riviera.

And please let us know how you make out.

It's nice to know someone was helped, especially

someone from a good distance away!

Thank you John. I did try this site earlier and I tried it again a few days ago. Unfortunately I didn't receive any response on either occasion.

My wife and I are now attempting to repair the damaged parts I have but I am still missing both of the infill panels for when the lights are turned off.

Unfortunately I didn't receive any response on either occasion.

Do you mean that there were no listed '69 Rivieras with

the parts you want?  Or do you mean that you tried to

telephone or e-mail the junkyards and received no answer?

I think, if a junkyard has a '69 Riviera at all, those parts might

still be on the car.  So try the website, search for other parts

for a '69 Riviera.  The site should find some parts cars for you.

Guest OldAussie

Do you mean that there were no listed '69 Rivieras with

the parts you want?  Or do you mean that you tried to

telephone or e-mail the junkyards and received no answer?

I think, if a junkyard has a '69 Riviera at all, those parts might

still be on the car.  So try the website, search for other parts

for a '69 Riviera.  The site should find some parts cars for you.

Thank you John for your suggestions. However the search for the grill on this site produced no results. There was an option to upload my requirements so that junkyards could contact me. I did this but none did, on both of the occasions that I tried. I also searched for headlight assemblies and only one yard came up. This was East West Auto Parts in Tulsa OK. I emailed them on the 16th but as yet I have had no reply.

Guest OldAussie

I have a 69 parts grill that I will sell email me and I will send pics and we can decuss

price 

cleason_jr@yahoo.com

Thank you for your response. I have sent you an email.

Look at these two search engines.  www.adhuntr.com (yes it is spelled adhuntr) and www.searchtempest.com. They search CL and other sites all over the U.S. using key words.   www.row52.com has a listing of pick-n-pulls and u-pull-its whose inventories you can search but there are more late model cars in those lots. You can specify a search radius based on your zip code.  There are also a couple of guys advertising '69 RIviera parts in the latest issue of the Riview.

Ed

Guest OldAussie

Look at these two search engines.  www.adhuntr.com (yes it is spelled adhuntr) and www.searchtempest.com. They search CL and other sites all over the U.S. using key words.   www.row52.com has a listing of pick-n-pulls and u-pull-its whose inventories you can search but there are more late model cars in those lots. You can specify a search radius based on your zip code.  There are also a couple of guys advertising '69 RIviera parts in the latest issue of the Riview.

Et

Thank you for the suggestions Ed.I tried all of these sites with no success. Unfortunately I'm over 11,000 miles from the nearest u-pull and so they're rather impractical for me. I've tried looking at inventories but have been unable to find a '69 grill. The sites that ask for zip codes won't accept non-American codes and even when I try random American codes I am unable to find what I need.

These are really hard to find in good condition. Unfortunately when the grilles got packed with snow and ice back when these were just used cars, and the headlights were turned they broke the plastic grille.  I found a good one when I restored my '69. I hope you find yours too! 

Guest OldAussie

These are really hard to find in good condition. Unfortunately when the grilles got packed with snow and ice back when these were just used cars, and the headlights were turned they broke the plastic grille.  I found a good one when I restored my '69. I hope you find yours too! 

Thank you for the support. The thing is I am prepared to buy  damaged ones so that I can combine and repair to create one good grill. But I can't even find damaged ones, though I am sure that they must be out there.