Help with the windshield trim-'61 LeSabre flattop

Guest Doug Burton

Guest Doug Burton

Hey everyone. I'm trying to figure out how to remove the trim from around my windshield. Either the windshield has been replaced and non-original trim was used or I don' t know what, but it is not like what should be there according to the manual. I bought one of those hook tools to spread the clips which I thought was there, but this setup has rubber under the stainless trim. I made a short video to show what I'm talking about:

If you have any idea on how to remove this type of trim, please let me know. Thanks!

Doug,

I can't help, but this is the best illustration of a question ever. I wish everybody asked video questions.

With that said, if it was me, I'd cut the old weatherstrip out and take the windshield out in one piece. Then you might see how it was done originally. I doubt your windshield was replaced. It looks really straight, which is hard to do "post-factory".

Guest Doug Burton

Hadn't planned on taking the windshield out, just wanted the trim off so I could sand around the edges. I've been told on the V8 Buick forum that it possibly has to be removed from the inside as there are nuts which hold it on. I will check that out tomorrow. Thanks!

Guest Doug Burton

Yes on nuts on the inside, I think. Remove the inside molding and it will become plain. I THINK.

Ben

Thanks Ben, I think. LOL