1939 Nears Completion

Anzac Buick64

Hi Guys

Well its almost done. we  re just sorting out a few final issues before we take the car in to get it passed the compliance team and ready to be re registered for the road. I had lots of photos of the progress in my galleries but with the new forum format I cannot seem to find them. I attach some photos of the car near completion and If I get time will re create the old galleries at some point. I plan to collect the car next Saturday the 15th and will drive it like I stole it :)  Thanks to all the 1939 team members for the input over the last while especially Alan Danny and Grant .

Cheers

Andrew

post-134507-0-28500600-1438855971_thumb.post-134507-0-02457800-1438855994_thumb.post-134507-0-02812200-1438856020_thumb.post-134507-0-57882500-1438856042_thumb.post-134507-0-57159800-1438856071_thumb.post-134507-0-22503500-1438856094_thumb.post-134507-0-00282200-1438856119_thumb.

I had a look at 3 days ago. It is very good

Thanks to all the 1939 team members for the input over the last while especially Allan Danny and Grant .

And Owen C who has donated some small parts and visited the car several times {Owen C visits the forum but does not post}

He is most experienced with '39's in Christchurch and his advice is always of value

Personal galleries seem to have gone with the new software.

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)

Do what....?

Translation here

http://www.australianslang.org/Words/G/:- Grouse : Good, excellent, terrific.

http://www.australianslang.org/Words/C/:- Cobber : A close friend or companion. Today the word "cobber" is mainly used by the diggers, shouting schooners at the local pub. The word mate has replaced "Cobber" and is used primarily by the younger generation

Strewth, I just assumed you blokes understood Aussiespeak.

Normally I would have just said "Shithot Andy" !!! But I thought that would might be inappropriate for here.  ;)

Now, about "shouting schooners" Al, what's that all about old mate ???

I did though just happen to accidently walk into a pub over the weekend and noticed the All Blacks getting flogged up on the big TV......... :) :) :) :) :)

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi !!!

Danny

• 2 weeks later...

Andrew: I like your Buick, and noticed that you are from the down under area. I have some questions about what sort of headlight lenses are used on these cars in your part of the world. Does yours have Multibeams, and if so do they have a little bullseye like circle in the center? Are there lenses in your part of the world that look like the Multibeams, and are also made by Guide, but are named "Expolyte"? I have one of these in my hoard of parts. It has the same footprint on the back as the Multibeams, but has the locating notches on both sides so it can fit either right or left side. I'd really appreciate any info as to whether these are used in your part of the world...Thanks...Mike

Off topic

The lens used in NZ & Australia (right hand drive) are exactly the same as USA (same part number)

See post 16 here http://forums.aaca.org/topic/125491-newbie-with-38-mc-laughlin-limo/

Cars in this part of the world often do not the "correct" lens:- just what fits. We are not as fussy as in USA