Pebble Beach Tour

I am a newly returned member of the CCCA as of last year and recently moved to Santa Barbara, following retirement from the advertising and broadcasting businesses. I plan to attend this year's Pebble Beach Concours, as I did last summer for the first time. I do not own a classic and recent surgery prevents me from considering serious restoration work for a time, at least. But my interest in Classics flourishes, having survived a move here by my wife and me from the North Shore of Chicago.<P>Pebble beach proved to be a wonderful experience, beyond my greatest expectations. This year, I'd like to go on the Thursday Tour of the Monterey Peninsula as a passenger, if possible. As I've asked this forum earlier this year, if any member planning to be in the Tour is amenable to having a rider along, I'd be most appreciative. And I'd be pleased to help out in any way possible. I have a background in photography and hope to cover many of the events in this one-of-a-kind weekend.<P>Hopefully,

Frank:<P>I and my cars are far too scruffy to make the grade at Pebble, and I am a poor golfer on top of that. So I can't give you the ride you want. Otherwise I surely would.<P>I'll bet if you simply go there and look for cars with some empty seats, you'll find a ride. Most owners would be delighted to share the experience with another enthusiast, especially if they have spent some time talking and visiting with you around the paddock or whatever (pardon me, I don't know all the Pebble lingo). Ride or not, you will probably have a great time at the event and get to know some of the owners.<P>Good luck Frank...<P>Bill<BR>Albuquerque