NOS 1963 Riviera Wire Wheel Cover-3 Hole Spinner

Riviera63

I have a very nice NOS 1963 wire wheel cover for sale. This wheel cover has the 3 hole spinner. It does not have an emblem. The center hub on a 3 hole wheel cover projects 1/2 inch further out than the 4 hole. The spinner, center hub and disc are not interchangeable with the 4 hole variety. I am not sure about the spokes. I do not have a use for this wheel cover as all of mine are 4 hole. $175.00 plus S & H. I also have a very nice set of four 1963 4 hole wheel covers with no emblems which were on my car until a week ago and 3 NOS 1964-1965 wire wheel cover center emblems. PM me if interested. Thanks. Bill

post-151839-0-98062900-1438722321_thumb.post-151839-0-19405400-1438722349_thumb.post-151839-0-97481500-1438722367_thumb.post-151839-0-67074700-1438722388_thumb.post-151839-0-11572200-1438722410_thumb.post-151839-0-28719300-1438722553_thumb.

Ed-

I have no idea what to offer on that part and would defer to your expertise. Let me pull my hubcaps off the wall this weekend and have a good look at them. I know one is pretty scuffed and another has a bent spinner. Need to determine what all is needed.

Once the grill is painted, the hub caps are the last thing to finish the exterior. Paint is done, chrome is done, etc. Hope to have it running correctly this weekend.

Zimm

Here's one on eBay that's not as good as mine. He's asking $12.00 plus $7.55 for S&H for his.  I think that considering conditioin, that mine is probably worth $20 plus actual postage so $25 would cover everything.  Let me know.  This is the only extra that I have so I hope that you're not needing two of them. :)

Ed 

Ed:

I will take the spinner, whats the best way to get $$ to you?  PM me with instructions, address etc.

Overall, my covers are pretty good.  Dull, dirty and will need paint and polish work.  One has a pretty good scuff along the edge with some deep scratches.  If anyone has an entire one for a reasonable price, I would consider replacing it. 

Two questions:  what is the finish on the spinners and center piece?  Bright chrome, or satin chrome?  Mine appear satin, which may simply be a function of 50 years time.  Second; is there a source for the center emblem?  Mine are all there but are cloudy and dull. 

Thanks

Zimm

Ed:

Overall, my covers are pretty good.  Dull, dirty and will need paint and polish work.  One has a pretty good scuff along the edge with some deep scratches.  If anyone has an entire one for a reasonable price, I would consider replacing it. 

Thanks

Zimm

Zimm,

I have one cover that looks like the '63 covers that is in pretty good condition, it seems you never know for certain what year they are for? I have no use for it and would probably sell it, I just wouldn't know the exact value? I'll attach pictures and you can let me know if you are interested, it is the cover on the left in the attached pictures ...

post-91423-0-94899000-1439725250_thumb.j post-91423-0-18583900-1439725329_thumb.j post-91423-0-54994000-1439725366_thumb.j

I would remove the "R" medallion but let me know if you are interested.

Ed:

Two questions:  what is the finish on the spinners and center piece?  Bright chrome, or satin chrome?  Mine appear satin, which may simply be a function of 50 years time.  Second; is there a source for the center emblem?  Mine are all there but are cloudy and dull. 

Thanks

Zimm

Zimm,

As Ed said the spinner and the center piece are chrome and should just need polish. As for the medallions I have had pretty good luck using a head light restoration kit cleaning them up. If they are not cracked or checked, just dull, they seem to clean-up fairly well.

Hope this helps,

Rivman-

Interested in the wheel cover- is the spinner held on with three or four screws? Easy to see from the back.

Please let me know.

Zimm

Zimm,

It is the three screw spinner. In the pictures above I show the front, side, and back views, it is the cover on the left in the pictures.

It is the '63 style cover with the six screws holding the center on and the three screws holding the spinner on. If you want to PM me your e-mail address I can get some better pictures for you this weekend.