DRIVE THEM!

Guest J446

Dear John<BR>Thanks for your tips. I will stay with green and find a coating that will hold up. Everything else is working very well. I took my wife and daughter for a ride the other night and my daughter exclaimed:"I'm sitting in the Queen's seat!"<BR>Best<BR>Jim

Hey..Chuck...you think you can pass MY Packard in that dinky little "limey wagon" of yours....same "dare" I made to Shinerman and that "LabiaVenison" thingy......you c'mon out to the ranch, and we will go to lunch together...last one to the restaurant down in Prescott....buys....!<P>Pete Hartmann<BR>Big Springs, AZ

Friday night some specks on the Lagonda V12. A very fine piece of work by W.O. Bentley. Peter I still say your are wrong that it took big engines in the old days to produce great amounts of horsepower. Peter here is a challange for you. Put the stock gearing in your Packard and come east to Pa. Then lets run your Packard against my Chevelle on I80 at say around 80 mph across the state and see which takes less of a beating. My Chevelle is only a six cylinder. Last one to the Jersey State line buys dinner. I like my steaks well done.

Pack 53<P>I do not recall Chevrolet producing the Chevelle model during the classic era. I think you are confusing technologies and eras. <P>In case you hadn't noticed, this is the CLASSIC CAR CLUB OF AMERICA site, where our primary interest is in the cars and related technology issues of the classic era.<P>Even within the narrow confines of the classic era, there were tremendous "jumps" in technology between the time it begun (roughly 1925) until it ended (the technology "in place" when World War Two began).<P>It would be just as silly to compare a car of the era you are describing, with the technology level of the classic era, as it would to compare the exellent and nice-driving Chevrolet you are discussing, with cars of today. <P>I think you need to study BRITNEY SPEARS dance videos a little more clearly, to get a better perspective...<P>Pete Hartmann<P>Incidentally, you apparently forgot, that by the introduction of the 1935 model year, engineers from Federal Mogul and Packard had fully deveoped the "insert" type connecting rod bearing, and thus solved one of the major problems of the internal combustion engine up to that point. ANY well engineered automotive engine, when equipped with "insert" type rod bearings, most certainly WILL run at "rated power" all day long without coming un-glued. It is just a lot more COMFORTABLE if the rear axle gearing is compatible with the projected road speed the car will be used at.<P>Pete Hartmann<BR>Big Springs, AZ