64' Air cleaner decal 14'- Out of stock

TallJohn

Greetings from hot and smokey Sacramento Ca. I tried to order a 14' aluminum air cleaner decal from OPGI and Cars inc. Neither had one and did not know if the manufacturer was going to continue to supply them. Does anyone know of another source? Thanks. 

Are you ordering the decal or one of the screen printed aluminum disks?  If $$ not an issue, order the screen printed disk.  You'll be much happier.  I've yet to see one of the decals installed without a couple of bubbles some where.  Or one that doesn't show poor prep work on the air cleaner lid that shows through the decal.  Just an observation.

Ed

It sounds like these parts have gone into never never land, the same place where the 65 Riviera tail lamp bezels have gone. From what I've seen the early Riviera repro parts industry is moving in reverse, not forward. Why tool  up to make something and then quit making it......this makes no sense.

Guest Kaber

I bought the decal from Jim Osborn at swap meet for my son's 63, He has a lot of different applications and they are relatively inexpensive.

http://www.osborn-reproduction.com/

The results were good, I agree with Ed the aluminum ones are nicer but Decals worked out pretty good for our driver.

image_zps114eb83e.jpg

image_zpsd014fa3d.jpg

Hope this helps

I had the aluminum one but my 13 month nightmare at the body and paint shop did in my air cleaner decal. ( why the heck would a shop be spilling lacquer thinner on my air cleaner?!!) I think Clark's has the vinyl decal and not the aluminum.

I also ordered a pair of taillight bezels for my 64 about 9 Mos ago from OPG.

I just called to check on the order, and was told they won't be getting them.

Like Winston said, Why tool up to make something and then quit making it......this makes no sense.

rocket88

I sent you some pictures.  The chrome on it is scratched, probably from cleanup from a dirt rag.  Plus it has some other flaws.  It looks nice from a distance though

About 1/3 of it is detached from the Air cleaner so I believe it should remove easily.

I didn't know about about the difference between the 445 and 465.  Thanks for the info.