Lagonda 1935 M45R

Guest Chuck Conrad

Guest Chuck Conrad

If you email CCCA Headquarters at classiccarclub@aol.com they will be able to tell you who owned the car when the Senior badge was awarded. Be sure to give them the Senior number and any other information that might be helpful. You can also write or phone. The address and phone information is on the CCCA Home Page. Just click on "Contact Us."

I have a Lagonda 1935 M45r, Freestons & Webb 3 position DHC. Attached to the car is a badge reading as follows 'First Prize Winner National Competion, Classic Cars of America'. There is also a number 1281.<P>I would be glad to have any information relating to this car whose UK registration number is BYU 647.<P>Any info would be much appreciated.<P>KeithB

Keith,<P>Congratulations on your acquisition! Lagondas are truly wonderful works of art!<P>I spent some time with some brits at hershey last year and they said that license plate ID's are bought and sold and some bring high dollar amounts if they are "desirable" which can be for any reason like someones initials, address, or whatever.<P>I too have a rare british car with the plate WD8897. They maintained that this number surely would have been taken by someone else by now, since they thought that this would be a desirable plate.<P>I had always thought that the plate followed the car for life over there, but am not sure after this conversation. Of course these guys were a jovial bunch, and they may have just been pulling my leg! HA! <P>You might try contacting the British Motor Heritage, although I have never been successful at getting a reply from them. <P>Shawn Miller

Oh Yeah! <P>Don't remove that senior badge! <P>It is supposed to stay on the car forever!<P>It takes quite a bit to get one (especially these days with people spending what they do on restorations, there is almost always a hundred pointer present) it is not something to be casually discarded.<P>Shawn Miller<BR>Indiana Region