For sale 1959 Buick 364 nailhead with TH400

Guest Classic50s

Guest Classic50s

I have a fully rebuilt 1959 Buick 364 nailhead with all the adapters and a rebuilt SP400 transmission. The motor was completely rebuilt, block magnafluxed, all parts new or rebuilt. Bored 60 over, stock 1959-60 401 cam for better breathing, stiffer springs to safely rev to 5500 without valve float, 4 barrel with 1959 401 Rochester 4GC carb (still has the pedal start switch on carb). Motor is broken in and ready to go. Ignition system has 40,000 coil and iridium plugs. All reciepts asking $5,000 for motor and transmission (can also throw in a th400 universal shifter linkage kit, AC and power steering components, recored radiator, and a rebuilt 59 Buick rear end bolted to a 61 3rd member for a open driveline, and the driveshaft to go with it). pictures availabe upon request (as well as pictures of the other items). Located in Central City, Nebraska.

• 3 months later...
Guest Dennis Holland

I am interested in the engine - not sure about the transmission. I have a '60 Buick with an engine problem but a decent transmission. I would rather not deal with switching. Is it possible to buy the engine without the transmission and related parts? (holland@frii.com)

• 2 months later...
Guest lunarsea5858

hello just read your ad for the 364, do you still have it available? if so other than the gear box are all 364 the same? i have a 57 buick roadmaster 75 with blow back problems and i would prefer to have a full recon, also not being rude but who did the rebuild, as i have found now not many know how, any chance Russell did it for you thanks heaps look forward to your reply Mark.J