What size battery for a T

AVS619

I have my 1915 Runabout ready to try with new coils. The car came with a used 12 volt car battery. Is it OK to run a T on a 12 volt car battery (to start and then switch to mag) or would a 6 volt be better/safer? I don't want to damage the new coils by using the wrong voltage.

Hello Cahartley. Yes, the magneto appears to work. We had the car running once but did not try to start it on the mag as some said I

could. I am asking as I was told that a 12v could damage the coils. I plan on only using the battery to start the car and than switch to mag as I do my other brass era cars, although the T appears to be a different animal from other brass era cars (this is my first T). Oh, where are you located? I am not too far east from Madison off I-94. Interested in joining our tour here in Wisconsin (late September)

near Lodi? Any other brass era car owners are quite welcome. This will be a three day tour with many interesting sites to see.

Hello Again. Were we out of town and yesterday got to see the Brewers loose. First time I have been to the ballpark and they loose! The T is getting a taillight but should be ready to drive soon, Unless I get some more responses, I shall stick with the12v battery for starting. Our tour will hub in Lodi with runs to sites in Baraboo, Mt Horeb and near the Dells. Interesting places to see. If you, or anyone else is interested let me know. This is a joint HCCA region and AACA region tour open to pre-1916 cars as it is a brass-era car tour. Oh, I do not know a Mr. Paul Kohlwey. He must live in a different area.