WTB 38 Buick Century

Hi,

We have a club member with very nice Buick Century that I think is a 38 but maybe a 37. It is a well sorted driver but the owner has had some health issues and is selling some cars. It is in the Dayton, Ohio area.

I do not have his contact info with me but will try to contact tonight.

Tom Muth

• 2 months later...

I don't have any idea about any 1938 Centurys for sale. 

If you are willing to consider a 1938 Special instead of a Century, I know a guy who has a nice looking Model 41 for sale. He is asking $22,000 for the car. If interested, I can help you get in touch with him.

I own a 1937 Buick Century Model 61. I am not really trying to sell it, but for the right price, everything I own is for sale. 

• 1 month later...

Hi,We have a club member with very nice Buick Century that I think is a 38 but maybe a 37. It is a well sorted driver but the owner has had some health issues and is selling some cars. It is in the Dayton, Ohio area.I do not have his contact info with me but will try to contact tonight.Tom Muth

Did they still have the century for sale? Or?

• 2 years later...
On 10/27/2015 at 7:37 PM, MCHinson said:

I don't have any idea about any 1938 Centurys for sale. 

If you are willing to consider a 1938 Special instead of a Century, I know a guy who has a nice looking Model 41 for sale. He is asking $22,000 for the car. If interested, I can help you get in touch with him.

I own a 1937 Buick Century Model 61. I am not really trying to sell it, but for the right price, everything I own is for sale. 

No  thanks.

I'm after your '38.

Centurys are rare. Production of Specials outnumbered Centurys by something like 6 to 1. Some change hands between car club members without ever being advertised. If you're not already, you might consider becoming a member of the 36-38 Buick Club, and, of course, BCA. Specials are a fun drive, too. You might consider picking up one of the nice ones floating around right now while you wait for your dream car.

I am currently restoring a 1938 Model 61, but I have no current plans on selling it when I am finished. I must admit that I had forgotten about this old discussion until your reply this morning. I too would encourge you to join the 36-38 Buick Club. We have cars that come up for sale on a fairly regular basis. You can find cars for sale on the club website although there is not a 1938 Century for sale on the site currently: http://www.3638buickclub.org/advertisements.html

I do know of a guy in NJ who is thinking about selling a 1938 Century, but I don't have any photos or a price yet. I am also aware of a 1937 Model 61 that is available now in California, but I am waiting for better photos before I put it on the website and in the club newsletter. Members of the club do often get advance notice on cars that are available. Direct car sales from one member to another do occur from time to time.  Membership is a good thing if you are seriously looking to buy a car.

27 minutes ago, MCHinson said:

I am currently restoring a 1938 Model 61, but I have no current plans on selling it when I am finished. I must admit that I had forgotten about this old discussion until your reply this morning. I too would encourge you to join the 36-38 Buick Club. We have cars that come up for sale on a fairly regular basis. You can find cars for sale on the club website although there is not a 1938 Century for sale on the site currently: http://www.3638buickclub.org/advertisements.html

I do know of a guy in NJ who is thinking about selling a 1938 Century, but I don't have any photos or a price yet. I am also aware of a 1937 Model 61 that is available now in California, but I am waiting for better photos before I put it on the website and in the club newsletter. Members of the club do often get advance notice on cars that are available. Direct car sales from one member to another do occur from time to time.  Membership is a good thing if you are seriously looking to buy a car.

I will say Matt Hinson edit's an absolutely terrific monthly magazine.  This must be a really big club based on the size and quality of the magazine.  If it was called the 1936-42 Buick Club I'd be a member in a minute....or, I should say stay.  The do have some articles occasionally on 1939-42 Buicks, but basically they're dedicated, as I see it, to 1936-38 cars.  I do wish, personally, they would change their focus to pre-War Curtice cars. 

Not to take this discussion off the track too far, but the club started as the 36-38 Buick Club. The board has since expanded the club to accept all Straight 8 Buicks, from 1931 to 1953, but the magazine reflects what club members submit. My own articles are typically based on what I learn from working on my 1937 and 1938 Buicks. If the members who had later or earlier Straight 8 Buicks submit information for publication, the magazine will certainly include it. I can only publish what I know or what someone sends me. Earl, please send me some more stuff about your 39's or your recently acquired '41 and you will see it published. The club is dependent on its members.

• 3 weeks later...

Philipj; there is a very nice '36 Century coupe listed in Hemmings. It is dual side mounted, and with a rumble seat. I had the pleasure of riding in it this past summer. It runs very well. An older restoration that has been well kept and loved. Take a look , like the man says 'what have you got to lose.'. good luck with your search. regards; Jerry Janson