65 riv truck carpet question.

Rufcar

I'm finishing the last items on my restoration. Is the woven trunk material that Clarks sells always in the 65. I see many finishes and wondering what came from the factory. I did the trunk with splatter paint and factory cardboard for now. Tkx jim

On my car  I used the kit that CARS sells. Same type of material as factory but the

color is more grey and less tan. The kit is only 109.00  versus 100's of dollars for the more tan material. One thing

I like about it is that it matches the cardboard liners in the car, while the factory material does not.

post-144191-0-60118700-1437750361_thumb.

post-144191-0-52816400-1437750381_thumb.

post-144191-0-13105600-1437750400_thumb.

I don't believe the trunk material was exclusive to the Riviera.  I have seen other original Buick's (Electra in particular) of the same vintage with the same material.  I would check with other Buick suppliers or reach out to the BCA with an inquiry for a good source.  There are several sources reproducing the material and claim they are a match but I have not seen any that are 100% exact.  Keep in mind that a reproduction may look a little brighter as the aging/patina process has not affected the material.  Some are very close though and will pass muster at a BCA judged event.

It's still in their online catalog part no. TM65R. Price is 109.75. It comes with

all pieces precut and the spare tire cover comes ready to install. My car had an aftermarket

gray checkerboard rubber liner and I left that in place and just installed the new kit on top of it with no glue

and it stays in place just fine. I left the old liner in place so that the factory goop in the trunk floor wouldn't soak

into the tweed fabric and stain it, like what happened on the factory trunk lining.