Barn find on KeyTipp

Edwardsss

Hi everyone, I just signed up and I am hoping for your help. We launched an app (KeyTipp) where users ask questions and offer up to 2$ reward for the first good answer. A users did an amazing barn find in Switzerland and I have now spent 3 hours trying to identify this car but with no success. More that the tip involved I'm actually interested in making our user satisfied. Can anyone tell me what type of car is this? the closest I have come in my research is a 1935 Ford Deluxe Fordor Sedan. Any other suggestions or thoughts?

post-154183-0-33064200-1437661398_thumb.

post-154183-0-32908200-1437661416_thumb.

Thanks to Edwardsss for this enlightening and educational challenge. I have nothing, but wanted to throw-out some more manufacturers. I looked at all these, and some are close, but between the door hinges, "running board", swoop of the rear body, hood louver design, etc. I'm only guessing.

Austro-Fiat, Austro-Tatra, Austro-Daimler, Steyr, Steyr-Daimler-Puch, Gloria, Gloriette, Mercedes, Jaguar, Rolls-Royce, Dodge (the wheels look Dodge), Graham, Ford

I hope someone can help, but I've run out of time.

Guest BillP

Skoda and others had artillery wheels similar, but that does not appear to be a Skoda. I don't think it's British. Vintage is right around 1937. B-pillar hinged doors may be a clue. Side mounts hint at a luxe, or near-luxe car.

Skoda and others had artillery wheels similar, but that does not appear to be a Skoda. I don't think it's British. Vintage is right around 1937. B-pillar hinged doors may be a clue. Side mounts hint at a luxe, or near-luxe car.

The front doors are hinged at the "A" pillar....

You guys are amazing! I never excepted to get this sort of response so quickly! We haven't found it just yet. It's odd it looks like a combination of cars. Any thoughts on coach builders working on one of the above mentioned brands? this is really exciting to give the answer on the KeyTipp app. I can't believe how hard this is actually! thanks to everyone!

BillP, on second look, I'm sure you are correct.

Right hand drive. I think the trafficators (roof pillar mounted turn signals) may be a good hint. Also seen them called semaphore signals.

I don't think the side window tint would be legal here in California.  :lol: 

I'll throw in my two Bob's worth and I guess by the radiator shell outline it's an early thirty's Wolseley, in those years Coach builders were in abundance and built their custom bodies on a basic rolling chassis, mostly for dignitaries.Maybe this is one of those,seem's fausible??

It's odd it looks like a combination of cars.

From all the responses-ideas, perhaps it is ... LOL!

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"You really don't remember" __ Laura Branigan __ 'Gloria'

I see similarity to some Citroens, about '37.  Same windshield shape, suicide front doors, rear door window dropping down a bit at the back.  Don't know of any with side mount front fenders or running boards however.  Wonder what was under that nice long hood.  Lets keep after this one!

http://car-pictures.info/?s=delage+d6

Similarities to OP's car:

doors hinged correctly

doors are flat panels - no relief mouldings

door window shapes correct

windshield correct shape

wiper pivots location

wheels look right

hub cap appears similar

flat radiator

hood side panel louvres (difficult to see)

right hand drive - common on upscale French cars

Terry

That 1936 Delage is so close. I am having trouble finding any four door Delage models.

This was the only image of a Delage sedan I could find. It is a D6 60 which appears to have a shorter wheelbase than the car in question. The high mount taillights and trafficators aren't visible. Otherwise everything else seems to fit. Too bad the headlights are missing on the original post vehicle. They might have clinched it.

Terry

This was the only image of a Delage sedan I could find. It is a D6 60 which appears to have a shorter wheelbase than the car in question. The high mount taillights and trafficators aren't visible. Otherwise everything else seems to fit. Too bad the headlights are missing on the original post vehicle. They might have clinched it.

Terry

The one you posted looks like a two door sedan. Do you see it as a four door? Maybe it's my eyes....

The one you posted looks like a two door sedan. Do you see it as a four door? Maybe it's my eyes....

I did see it as a four door. Blind in one eye and can't see out of the other, I guess. :). Doesn't change the rest of things, though. Still think it is a Delage.

Terry

Probably best to not put too much emphasis on the body itself, rather study the fenders and other features not as likely to be individualized.  Over the years bodies for this upscale marque were produced by Figoni, Franay, Saoutchik, Chapron, Castraise, Kelsch, Fernandez, Letourneur et Marchand, Fernandez and Darrin, Pourtout, Coachcraft, University Coach Works Ltd, de Villars,, and possibly others. 

Archived