65 Riv GS finished carpet pics

Rufcar

here is 2 shots from today. I finished the front and back carpet. I did one side and all the floor insulation yesterday and finished up the remainder and trims today. I wont do the new sill plates until the seats are in. The rears go in tomorrow and wed I will recover the 2 fronts and hopefully install thur. The end is near! YEA!

post-141069-0-77074700-1437430812_thumb.

post-141069-0-86244900-1437430827_thumb.

• Like 3

Ed I didn't know it got covered. It was not there when I bought the car either was the ss one on the driver's side. I have seen several interior pics and all had that left uncovered. Which is it?

I used the double side aluminum coated fabric and cut and glued it in. I also glued the carpet in too.

The fiberglass piece does not get a separate piece of carpet, the fiberglass piece acts as an extension of the console.  The console with extension get covered by the single piece of carpeting that covers that side of the console.

https://www.google.com/search?q=1863+riviera+interior&espv=2&biw=1280&bih=667&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMI44SCgaPrxgIVjy2ICh2udQrq#tbm=isch&q=1963+riviera+interior&imgdii=LxNhtv6-9otHkM%3A%3BLxNhtv6-9otHkM%3A%3BCCUcQH4dklT5LM%3A&imgrc=LxNhtv6-9otHkM%3A

Ed is this better?

Tom the carpet was ACC. I wanted to match the door panel carpet as it was in good order so I got samples (about 12) of saddle from 4different vendors and ACC's was right on. I do prefer everything Clarks offers as it is always top quality but there color, though correct for Riv's was off for my needs.

post-141069-0-58846900-1437478775_thumb.

• Like 1

Ed is this better?

Tom the carpet was ACC. I wanted to match the door panel carpet as it was in good order so I got samples (about 12) of saddle from 4different vendors and ACC's was right on. I do prefer everything Clarks offers as it is always top quality but there color, though correct for Riv's was off for my needs.

My conclusion was exactly as yours the last saddle interior I did. I used a virgin piece of original carpet from under the sill plates and found the ACC color to be a perfect match. I told Clark`s of this but was informed Clarks does not offer ACC products. From your recent experience it appears that policy is still in place. Thanks,

Tom

• 4 years later...

Hello everyone

I wish everybody long and healthy life and happy miles.

I will like to know your thoughts about OEM loop vs. Plush. I will like to keep the original look but I like the plush finish look.

Hard to make mind, I remember back in the days of loop it was hard to vacuum the carpet as dirt getting stuck in the loops, that's my only con with loop carpet.

Thank you all.