Sign in to follow this  
Carbuff2

Need Help finding a source for 1965 Riviera Upholstery Cloth Material

1965 Riviera trim code 613: Fawn Beaumonde Fabric and Vinyl Material

I need to purchase the Cloth and Vinyl material to have my upholsterer make my interior.

I would be interested in purchasing a ready made set ... Clarks Corvair is on backorder of

the material since Feb 2014 and not sure if or when it will become available again. Please

contact via this post, PM, email 65skyriv19@att.net, text or phone 559 355-3551

I appreciate all responses.

post-76362-0-97424300-1437193501_thumb.j

post-76362-0-80539900-1437193572_thumb.j

Hi Paul,

The vinyl should be readily available. I suspect you will not need to approach a specialty supplier but just any upholstery supplier. Ask your local trim shop who they source their material from and they should have samples to choose from.

I have the green material but not the fawn. I suspect you will have trouble finding this material. If local suppliers cannot help you might want to try SMS in Portland. They probably have it but your transaction may not be speedy.

Dont discount local shops. I have encountered a handful of shops who retain extra material. If there is a local shop which has been in business for many years you may find a roll of the material in their inventory. Good luck,

Tom Mooney

Thanks Tom, I agree completely with all of your comments.  We do have a couple of local shops that we are looking into, SMS is slow and my upholsterer is not to eager to deal with them,.  Thanks again for your response.  It is getting tougher and more expensive to restore these Rivieras every day. 

Paul

Paul, I tried to get the same material from Clarks over a year ago and was told the same thing. I ended up choosing their '64 materials as they were the closest similar product that I could live with. Thankfully, I'm not on the 'purist road'.

They are also out of the 64 material now. They told me the same story about their supplier...out of Oregon.

I think they are speaking of SMS being out.

They are also out of wood kits.

The fawn beaumonde is unbelievably beautiful. 

The champagne colored vinyl in madrid grain should be readily available. I purchased same about a decade ago as regular modern stock material. There should still be plenty around.

Has anyone heard any comments about or have the blue cloth? I may need some soon....

Tom

Good Info,   .. Clarks Corvairs is very interested as they are out of 64 and 65 fawn CLOTH #613 ,  VINYL IS AVAILABLE AS YOU STATED

Last year when I was asking for samples of Sandalwood, and Fawn cloth, I talked with the guys at SMS.  At that time I was told that they were the supplier for Clark's.  So until SMS decides to make a run of both the '64 and '65 cloth, it would appear that Clark's won't have any either.

Ed