1935ish Delco Car Radio

Hi everyone,<BR>I've recently acquired an old Delco car radio but am having trouble identifying it properly. The dial is seperated from a metal 'cube' housing the valve electronics by cables (for sound and tuning)and there is an Astor speaker attached by wire.<BR>Does anyone know this model or a site where I can find out?<P>On the cube is a small crest that says "MELLO MUSIC". On the dial it says Delco. Inside the lid of the 'cube' it has a small sticker that among other details (manufacturer number) it also shows 1935.<P>TIA

regarding old car radios...<P>Hey...Aussie...you had me for a minute...see...you guys speak ENGLISH...we speak AMERICAN....! All kidding aside...what you guys call "valves"...we call TUBES ! Prior to the early 1940's, car radios were COMPONENTS. You typically had a separate SPEAKER BOX, a POWER and TUBE ( again, you guys call em "valves") box, and the tuner control assembly. The "variable condensor (tuner) was typically in the TUBE box. For the first couple of years, there was an additional MOTOR GENERATOR for the tube plate voltage (replaced by transformers around 1936, which were combined in the "tube" box. <P>The dash control unit, was typically unique to a particular make and year car, but typically the rest of the stuff was generic for any given year. All we can say is this was probably a factory-installed radio in SOME kind of American car of that or a year or two later, but without knowing WHAT the dash control unit goes to, pretty nearly impossible to know what it fits.<P>Pete Hartmann<BR>Big Springs, AZ