Peerless parking lights 1931 Custom 8

Walt G

A good friend of mine is restoring a 1931 Peerless custom 8. The parking lights he had were only in fair condition and the pot metal bases were badly pitted. He saw a pair listed on e bay and asked me to look at them since I have been around pre war orphan cars a lot longer then he has. I looked at them, saw the demensions given and looked at a pair of 1932 Frankiln Airman series 16A parking lights I had on the shelf. They are the exact same lamp. I gave him the pair I had with the payment being I get a ride in the car when it is back on the road. This is just a heads up for you Peerless owners to look at other orphan cars to see if they too used similar equipment. Good hunting fellas.

• Like 1

Thanks Walt,

Really nice to know!! I know someone whose 20s Peerless is getting a full-on restoration right now, one of about six that have been done in the last 3 years, and when they took the rear end apart they found the "Hat-In-The-Ring" logo. You guys who've read about the WWI Ace Eddie Rickenbacker and his car company will get the significance. How it got there I don't know.----Jeff

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)