IS THERE NO CURE??????HELLPPPPPP ME....

Joe Cocuzza

I already know the answer but......

So, after thinning the herd down from 9 to 3 cars, 2 running/driving, the other needing work, I was feeling okay with it because I just did not have the time or resources to maintain them all. I had some cash AND some space freed up.

There lies the problem - having some free space.........

Anyway, I was bored Sunday night so I decided to browse Craigslist which I knew was not being done "just to kill time". 

Because I live in NE Penna I usually narrow my "searching" to the Pa. listings and the NJ listings. I already did the "buy a car and then go trailer it home - driving a total of 17 hours straight" thing. So now I like to keep the radius to less than a 2 hour drive.

Penna did not produce anything interesting. But, of course, the NJ listing had a listing that got my attention.

SO THE DISEASE WAS STIRRED UP AGAIN.

There was a phone # and I hesitated because it was close to 10:30 pm Sunday but I pulled the trigger and called anyway.

Spoke with the gentleman selling the car for his 80 year old buddy and made arrangements to go look at the car the next day, Monday, before going to work. Needless to say, from what I saw and was told about the car, I was going there to buy it not just go see it. (THAT DARNED BUG BIT ME, AGAIN....).

It turns out the car was put in the garage 43 years ago and that is where I looked at it.

Of course I bought it and now I need to get it home.

Oh yeah, it's a 1951 Chrysler Windsor Town and Country Wagon to boot.......

I am not new to car collecting but this can be maddening at times. We cannot control this disease and noone understands why except the others that have it.

post-98308-0-95499100-1436933908_thumb.j

post-98308-0-06511700-1436933922_thumb.j

post-98308-0-41813100-1436933940_thumb.j

post-98308-0-92710800-1436933956_thumb.j

post-98308-0-72575300-1436933970_thumb.j

• Like 1

I AM, ONCE AGAIN, UP TO NUMBER 12!  Finally sold two, then got the urge to "just peek" at Craig's list. I am now the (proud) owner of a 1924 Dodge Brothers sedan, one owner from new, stored since 1956.  All I can say is, I have a wonderful wife!!!

• Like 1

Ha Ha! Joe, this isn't a car forum, it's a self help addiction group......with wrenches!

I've got it too. In spades.

In fact if anyone here doesn't have it, they're not a true junkie.  :lol:

Greg 

I'm only 18 and the disease has set in well and good.I can't walk past a pile of forgotten car parts without having a quick look and coming up grand ideas about how i could utilize them. The only thing stopping me buying every awesome project I lay eyes on is a lack of money and the fact we don't have any shed space left. 

I was 18 when I went into the Navy, 1967. I left behind my driver a '60 Buick Invicta, a '58 Chevy DelRay, a 1951 Chevy ambulance, a '56 Chevy two-ten 2 door htp body, '56 Willys Bermuda, '41 Nash Ambassador, '56 Studebaker Golden Hawk, and most of a '56 XK-140 DHC.

We had a black & white TV and my Mother decided the family better get a phone in case I needed to call home.

Sickness? Nah, sickness is looking at my old 1Tb Buffalo NAS and planning to upgrade to a 6TB Seagate BlackArmor.

Bernie

It's an addiction but atleast there is treatment.  It just requires deep pockets to maintain a bit of sanity and an even bigger place to store it all. 

Yeah, but the so called "treatment" only makes the symptoms worse.

What's that Buffalo and Seagate thing?  Are they four wheel drive?

Just wonderin',

Grog

They are NAS boxes, network attached storage. Sometimes you can't get away with just one affliction. I started using computers for work in 1974. They never have been what you call a hobby, but, then, I never really felt like I "worked" for work.

Bernie

Well after adding 8 foot doors to the family room I have enough garage space but probably five cars are enough for one person. At least they are all different.

Have been spending more time on the trailer than the cars though.

So I went down to the T & C Sunday and spent 3 hours removing stuff from the garage and "swinging" the car away from the wall on the passenger side.

I also put a set of good tires on it and now I just have to figure out how to extricate (like that big word)? it from the tomb.

It always seems that when I need to do something to a car, such as that mentioned, I do it on the hottest day of the year.

I nearly had a heat stroke.......

I am not new to car collecting but this can be maddening at times. We cannot control this disease and noone understands why except the others that have it.

AMEN!

Even more maddening when you are forced into sell mode when you don't want to be (unemployment & no income will do that ... more going for sale soon) ... & yet, you STILL look at the ads ... just in case.

*rolls eyes*

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"After so many dreams have fallen through, it's time that 1 came true" __ Earl Thomas Conley __ 'Nobody Falls Like A Fool'

Joe - that will be a real beauty when you get her cleaned up and serviced. Great find, keep the photos coming!

. I agree! You may want to follow the great job that Eric W is doing with cleaning up the body towards the end, in the " 52 Buick Super Straight 8" thread.

I'm now in denial about having any kind of disease. I recently told my wife that as long as I'm acquiring and playing with cars, you'll know that I'm healthy. When I stop, is when you should begin to worry!

Edited by Larry W (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

there is no cure. I have been in Lincoln Continentals since 1951 when I was 10 years old. I am 75 and just finished a 42 Continental coupe. It took 4 years a lot of $ since the last one. Parts seem so heavy to lift. Lee from Ohio.