Correct hose clamps?

I'm in So.Cal.,and I'm looking for a source of period-correct hose clamps for a '29 model car{Kissel}.The local Ford places don't carry the size I need.I'm told that someone in the CCCA has them,maybe as a regional project,but I can't find any ads for them.Any leads?Thanks!

Guest Chuck Conrad

At one time a CCCA Region sold reproduction hose clamps, but I think they have discontinued the project. (I could be wrong about this and will happily stand corrected). <P>Try Restoration Supply in Reno Nevada. If they don't have them, I'll bet they can tell you who does.

Thanks for the lead,Chuck.I have heard about this company and have tried to look it up on the internet and on the phone without luck.Do you know the address or phone #?I wonder if they've moved or gone out of business. <BR>Jerry

There is a Restoration Specialties and Supply, Inc. In Windber, PA, PH: 814-467-9842 and FAX 814-567-5323. Don't know if this is the company you are looking for but they advertise their products cover the 1920's to the 70's.

Restoration Supply Company, 2060 Palisade Drive, Reno, Nevada, 89509. Phone: 775-825-5663, FAX: 775-825-9330, E-Mail: restoration@rsc.reno.nv.us<BR>They list several different types of hose clamps in their 1999-2000 catalog, which is the latest one I have.<BR>Good luck,<BR>Jon Lee

Thanks JRM and Jon..The Reno company is the one I've heard about,and though I haven't heard about the one back east,it sounds well worth checking out.<BR> Jon,if you happen to catch my reply here,what's the latest news on the inclusion of the '29-30 Kissel 8-95 series to the CCCA list?{I'm the guy who submitted the application back near the beginning of this year}.Have there been any positive/negative comments since the "posting for comment" notice in the Bulletin a couple of issues ago?Feel free to e-mail me directly if you'd like.<BR> Thanks,Jerry Garvin

Jerry, Thanks for mentioning the Kissel. This is on the agenda for the upcoming August meeting. We have had a rather light response to the Bulletin notice, but no death threats. I'll keep you posted on the outcome. Your question does bring up the possibility of posting some of the proposed series on this forum, if Chuck will let me. As you also may have noted, we have asked in the Bulletin for comments regarding a By-Laws change to consider Cars built prior to 1925 that are virtually identical to 1925 models already accepted. There will likely be more discussion about this too.

Hi Jon,and thanks for the reply once again.I think it's a great idea to have a comment thing here on the CCCA site.As you may or may not recall,I sort of did that here on my own,maybe at the end of last year,regarding the Kissel 8-95.I was very pleased to recieve several favorable comments,and that encouraged me to apply to the Classification Commitee.<BR> For what it's worth,I think the addition of pre-1925 cars that are identical should absolutely be approved..especially since,on the other end of the year-spectrum,the Lincoln Continental and Cadillac 75{and maybe others?} were approved for the same reason thru '48.I would love someday to see the '48-50 Packard Custom Eights and other fine cars of the postwar era on the list,but I know that opens up a whole new can of worms as to expanding the years,etc.,so I'm not holding my breath. <BR> I'm a fairly new member and one of the younger set,and just have to say how much I enjoy the CCCA.Anyone who has a problem with exclusivity,snobbery or other purported ills of the club simply hasn't joined or been to any events to find out for themselves how very friendly,helpful,down to earth and enthusiastic the members really are,and how interesting and beautiful the cars{in every kind of condition..not just the 100- pointers}are!I'm very glad I joined this club.<BR> Just had to put in my 2 cents worth..and sure,you can quote me.. :-)<BR> Jerry Garvin

Guest Chuck Conrad

Jon, Jerry and everyone else..<P>By all means feel free to post a list of cars that possibly would be included by the Classifications Committee, providing the ammendment to the By-Laws comes into effect. You can either do it in this forum, or I'll be happy to set up a separate page for you. I suggest doing both. Post here, and I can copy it to a different area if you like.<P>I thought Jerry's statement about the Club was very well put. I'm happy we have great new members like him with lots of enthusiasm. His experiences with CCCA and its membership is exactly like mine. I hope everyone can tell that I really enjoy this club.<P>Speaking as the guy who made the original motion to the Board for us to include these "virtually identical" cars, it's no secret where I stand on the issue. So far the feedback has been very positive for the change, but it is premature to draw any conclusions.<P>One letter we received really impressed me. It's from long time member Bobbie'dine Rodda who usually is pretty quick to sum things up. I thought it was great. She wrote:<P>"The one thing that strikes me, as I contemplate the long-awaited inclusion of pre-1925 cars, is that we don't elect any dummies to the Classic Car Club's board.<P>Members of the Classifications Committee are carefully selected for their knowledge of fine motorflesh and their appreciation of our club's aims, purposes and high standards. Let's trust their judgement.<P>All will be well.<P>And our list of Full Classics will make better sense..."<P>I couldn't have said it better myself!<P> cool.gif" border="0

• 4 weeks later...

Check with Kenneth L. Johnson, Carmel, Indiana. 317-844-8154. He has the correct clamps for virtually all pre-war cars. Wire,cad plated, etc. His band clamps are not the cheap appliance type some vendors sell but are of the proper gauge. Good luck.