Looking for transport company For Danvers MA to Lake George NY

Ok it's not an old car I need moved this time but a brand new Toyota Tacoma Pickup.  My wife was very particular about what she wanted and the local dealer wouldn't cooperate so we found the exact truck she wants.  Now we need to get it shipped here. We don't have the ability to go get it ourselves at the moment.  The dealer said they can get it shipped here for 1000 open.  I called my company Passport they will do it enclosed for 900.  Are there any other carriers I can check with that anyone in the Northeast has used and been happy with? It can go open. 

Please no brokers.  Been their done that. 

Thanks for any leads. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still looking for any recommendations. It didn't fit into Ed's schedule to move it.  We keep running into brokers with every call we make.  Does anyone else know of any other shippers that make a Boston MA to atleast Albany NY run on any regular schedule?  The truck is bought and paid for waiting to be picked up. 

I've found, as you did, that the bigger transport companies

aren't very economical for short runs such as yours.

$900 to move a vehicle one state away?  In my experience,

Pennsylvania to Illinois is about $1000;  Pennsylvania to Texas

$1500.

Any club members might be able to help you on a friendly basis.

Or contact one of your local new-car dealerships,

and ask them whom they use.  That worked for me

when I needed to move 2 modern cars 200 miles.

I did that and even checked with a local used car guy I know.  The Dealership couldn't give me any referrals and the used car guys transporter was headed to NC.  I even contacted a friend that does my Diesel work and he has to take one of his trucks to a specialty shop to have it retuned outside of Boston but he's pretty busy and isn't sure when he can get to it. 

I found a carrier a few hours ago. Owner operator, in Hemmings , based in Shaftsbury VT.  He is going to be picking it up tomorrow Noon.  Thanks for the help.  If it all works out,  I'll post his info here for anyone in the Northeast that needs anything moved. 

• Like 1

Open hauling is fine for a modern vehicle.

After all, if you drove that vehicle, it would

be exposed to the wind and elements anyway.

You probably know never to have a car cover

on an openly hauled vehicle, since the continual

flapping at high velocity could wear away the paint.

He is based kind of midway so anything to get him back home wouldn't have been much anyway as he's probably less than 2 hours from here. .  It showed up right on time. He called ahead to let us know when he would be here and arrived just about to the minute.  He actually unloaded the truck and drove it up the driveway to the house.  You can't see the road from the house so we didn't know he was here until we saw it drive up to the stairs.  I was genuinely impressed.  Really nice guy.  I would recommend him to anyone that needs anything hauled in the Northeast.  His company is Grau Geist LLC.  Please contact me for his contact info.  I'll definitely call him next time I need something hauled in the North East. 

i had a unrestored 1953 pontiac chieftain deluxe four door sedan moved 300 miles yesterday by roadrunner transport, their driver showed up early and took a nap until i could get there, i was about 2 hours away, the trailer could hold two compacts or one full sized pontiac, lol, cost of transporting the chieftain was $545.00, just a little more than what uhaul wanted for a moving van and car transport trailer. i'm very well pleased with roadrunner transport and it's driver.

charles l. coker

1953 pontiac tech advisor

tech advisor coordinator

poci