31 Cord L29 questions/history

My father has had a Black w/silver stripes 1931' L29 for almost 30 years. Unfortunately he has never shown it which is a shame.<P>It has 14,000 original miles and it is in excellent all-original condition(except for the leather trunk (re-covered from cracking) and the exhaust (not sure why it was replaced). <P>I've seen as many as 3 lights on an L29 but not the "5" headlights, which his has. The bumper shows three lights, the one in the center (which turns with the steering) and 2 on either side. Also the normal Headlights are large and round (not the teardrop ones), were these early era aftermarket accesories??? <P>As a side hobby I am looking for the history of the car such as it's past owners etc... and to fill the blanks as to it's options/authenticity. Then to create a nice timeline and create a collage of pics/info. <P>Any suggestions on tracking the cars' history? Or a site I could find more info on this model?? <P>I can be emailed at: paxis@mc.net <P>Thanks for your help, Mike

You should get that L-29 out to a few CCCA event!<P>The additional lights on the bumper are probably Trippe Lites which were a popular accessory on fine cars of the era. <P>Check the CCCA "Links" page on our web site. You'll find the Auburn Cord Duesenberg site, as well as Cord Net, and the ACD Museum. The ACD Museum has a store with numerous good books on cars available.<P>You'll also find a link to the Society of Automotive Historians web site.<P>Of course, Bev Kimes new book, The Classic Era, has quite a bit to say about Cords as well as lots of pictures. You can order it from the CCCA Web Site.