Vacuum tank...1938 Zephyr?

Beltfed

My '38 conv. coupe did not have a vacuum tank and was an original car, probably a 2 owner car. My '42 LC cabriolet

had 2 vacuum tanks, one under each fender. Each one long and narrow and about  1000 cubic ". The 42 LC used vac.

antenna, vac. wipers, and vac. windows. The top was 2 electric motors. On my '48 LC, one tank under the driver's side

fender, rather round in shape( whats left of it). Just vac. wipers and antenna. The '41 Zephyrs and LCs, don't know

Thanks for the information guys.

Another question....Would a vacuum tank hidden in the dash away from prying eyes be worth the effort? My engine is tired and the wipers when tested with about 17 inHg. seemed very slow.

Thanks

Why not just mount the vacuum tank under one of the fenders? I have had luck reconditioning the wiper motor. The old "grease" gets hard and the vane gets sticky. Cleaning out the wiper motor body and resealing the vane with vacuum grease(Dow) does wonders.

Per good advice from L. Butcher I ran the wiper vacuum line from the port on the manifold rearward into the firewall hole where the wiring harness goes. So the vacuum line is already in the dash area near the wiper port. It makes more sense to me to mount the vacuum tank in this area rather than run it back to under a fender then again into the dash area.