Dim Taillights, Rapid Turn Signals

The taillights on my '89 are dim and the turn signals flash rapidly.  I suspect the two problems are related to a poor connection or loose ground, but I  have not begun to trace down the culprit.  Has  anyone else had this problem on a TC?

The taillights on my '89 are dim and the turn signals flash rapidly.  I suspect the two problems are related to a poor connection or loose ground, but I  have not begun to trace down the culprit.  Has  anyone else had this problem on a TC?

This problem is common to automotive electrics, more so in rust country. Have no rust on my TC, but that didn't stop me from having a ground problem on both my right hand tail light sockets and one bulb out on the left side which made that tail light appear as dim as the right.

Find a nice shady spot, pull all four sockets out of the tail light housings, turn on the flashers and watch the bulbs. Three places for bad ground at the TC tail lights, the connector attached near the light housing, the splice that ties the two sockets to the single ground connect and the socket itself, my right side had a bad splice and a bad socket. If you have a bad ground you will be able to  see it in how the bulbs light, the bad splice is easy to fix, sockets don't fix easy and best to get new as they are readily availably at most auto parts stores.