Spam Pie

MrEarl

With a Buick Spam Bucket on top... :D Dandy Dave!

There was a fiberglass T bucket frame and body at Brad's last swap meet that I thought would look good with a 322 in it. Maybe you can buy it and talk to the Spam Company about sponsoring the build of the car. I'm considering asking Hot Sauce | Texas Pete Hot Sauce if they want to sponsor my 54 Special HOT rod.

I'm wondering if the LK and FK Moonshine are just a state of mind? :confused: One feller takes a drink and he want's to fight the world, the next can't stop lovin everyone in site. ;) Dandy Dave!

Oh no, doesn't matter what state of mind you're in when you drink the FK, you're gonna want to fight someone and same goes for the LK, you're gonna want to find somebody to love.. It's when you mix them that the real fun begins. :eek: I think they refer to that as MK.... let's see who knows what that stands for.

A Texas boy of his height. Oh, he knows!!! He'd probably have to use a milk pail too.

OK, to change the subject......somewhat....please

Getting back to my birthday. Here's a few shots of the party at home. Rita, Arrie, Jordan, some friends from on here, Brad54 and his Suzie, StevieG.

post-31987-143138357613_thumb.jpg

post-31987-14313835763_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143138357645_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143138357661_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143138357676_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143138357693_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143138357708_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143138357724_thumb.jpg

post-31987-14313835774_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143138357757_thumb.jpg

Beer in a glass? Aren't we hoity-toity? :D

Looks like a great party...wonderful cake.

You can really tell that Arrie and Rita are sisters ;)

My theory is always use a glass to drink beer. As long as you can ring the glass you're ok.

I'll give Rita your compliment and do you a favor and not mention it to Arrie.

Guest 53Nailhead

Really "tycooning it".....beer in glass. Is that a bottle of Canadian in the background....

Back to the Spam........not spam but close enough

Happy Belated Birthday from Jan & I :)

post-37446-143138357795_thumb.jpg

It appears that Mr. Earl has the "correct grip" on that bottle. But that "glass"???? Some new alchemy?

"Virginia River Water" costing $25.00/pint???? Good heavens! Our "Crazy Water" from Mineral Wells or "Eventide" spring water from Millsap doesn't cost that much . . . but then it'd put out the fire rather than color it.

Looks like y'all had a very nice time! Is that venue "Buick Gardens"? One heck of a "cooler"! Bet that keeps things cold with all of that cast iron and David Buick-inspired porcelain/cast iron construction!

Congratulations and TRI-SHIELD CHEERS, Mr. Earl!

NTX5467

• 2 weeks later...

I found this Stuart.

http://edc.owensboro.com/documents/medleya28aug.pdf

And this site.

Home

I cannot seem to find anything on the Aladdan Passadina Green River Distillery though. Maybe it was a shipping point for over seas? Or not connected at all? With that said, I don't believe they make Kickapoo anymore. Dandy Dave!

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

MMMMMMMMMMM

Spam & Cheese pie with a Milwaukees Best Light.

Anyone been to the Spam Musuem?

Been there, done that!

Only place you can buy Garlic Spam, or at least it used to be.

I went while in Minneapolis working back to back overnight shifts. Long drive to Austin from there.

On the way home, I work up doing 80 in the median in 3 foot tall grass.

Managed to pop the rental car back up on the highway and stopped at the next rest area for a splash of cold water and a short nap.

A few days later, I returned the rental car....the agent walked around the front, tilted his head with a confused look on his face, shook his head and continued.

As I was walking into the terminal, I looked back and realized the entire grille, foglights, etc were all CAKED with grass! LOL!

I still wear my SPAM museum shirt proudly on a regular basis.

I put Bacon Spam on the shopping list every week, but the wife never brings any home..... :(

I put Bacon Spam on the shopping list every week, but the wife never brings any home..... :(

Precisely why about every 2-3 months I accompany my wife to the grocery store. To stock up on Spam, Vienna Sausage, smoked oysters, sardines, smoke links, pig skins, Moon Pies, beef jerky, shoe string potatoes in a can and in the winter buttermilk and cracklin's.

Of course I probably lost you nawtherner's on the cracklin's. They're sorta like fried pork rinds but with more fat and the skins left on and not as crispy. Occasionally you'll find a hog hair still on one. Then you know you got yourself some real cracklins. They go in cornbread (along with the buttermilk) to be eaten with blackberry preserves spread on top. Goes great with collards. Real cracklin's are hard to find these days.

Edited by MrEarl
explain to nawtherners what cracklins are (see edit history)

They're sorta like fried pork rinds but with more fat and the skins left on and not as crispy. Occasionally you'll find a hog hair still on one. Then you know you got yourself some real cracklins. Real cracklin's are hard to find these days.

Gee I wonder why:confused::confused::confused:

...sounds like they make regular Pork Rinds seem more like a health snack.

You guys still have those Non-Filtered Marlboro's down there?

Real cracklin's are hard to find these days.

You may have more success if you drive away from the big city and find yourself something more akin to a country general store. With our place in the country we found that our closest grocery store out there carries bacon ends. Y'all realize that slabs of bacon aren't a perfect rectangle waiting to be sliced, right? So, after the smoking / salting process, the ends are the irregular pieces - tend to have more meat and less fat and the packages are relatively inexpensive compared to the fancy sliced bacon. That grocer is supplied by a local, smaller, meat packing plant. Good stuff. I wouldn't mind finding them in a lower salt version, but I guess I'll live with what I can get.

The other brands I have found (one out of the US and another at a local butcher) were considerably fattier than what we regularly get.

Precisely why about every 2-3 months I accompany my wife to the grocery store. To stock up on Spam, Vienna Sausage, smoked oysters, sardines, smoke links, pig skins, Moon Pies, beef jerky, shoe string potatoes in a can and in the winter buttermilk and cracklin's.

Of course I probably lost you nawtherner's on the cracklin's. They're sorta like fried pork rinds but with more fat and the skins left on and not as crispy. Occasionally you'll find a hog hair still on one. Then you know you got yourself some real cracklins. They go in cornbread (along with the buttermilk) to be eaten with blackberry preserves spread on top. Goes great with collards. Real cracklin's are hard to find these days.

Most of the items listed we use for fish bait....

Many of those "food stuffs" would be premier members of a banned-from-the-diet list . . . fat, lots of sodium, calories (gasp!@!!), preservatives (of the canned items in Mr. Earl's list), to name a few. When used as fish bait, they might even foul the waters with their processed ingredients! Or perhaps the "stuff" in surface water might neutralize them?

Enjoy that stuff while you can!

Just some thoughts,

NTX5467

Of course I probably lost you nawtherner's on the cracklin's.

Hell, you lost me after Spam! If that tells you how far north I'm from! :)

Not sure the bottom of my feet have ever seen the ground without socks and shoes on and I don't go near water unless it's got enough chlorine in it to kill a cat.

I do like Cracker Barrel though, especially the fried catfish!

Hell, you lost me after Spam!

I do like Cracker Barrel though, especially the fried catfish!

Cracker Barrel??? Catfish??? If'in you wants real Southern catfish, you needs to go to New Orleans. :D Dandy Dave!

Vienna Sausage!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a can in the cupboard.

Shoestring Potatoes!!!!!!!!!!!

The Official Food for watching Football

Raw Oysters in the half shell not smoked.

Sardines in Mustard Sauce not ketchup or oil

BBQ Pork rinds (low carb)

Stanhope Locker Beef Jerky

Business Directory | Stanhope, Iowa - A Slice of the Good Life | stanhopeia.com

8 pound pork loin seared then baked with Gates BBQ sauce "on the side"

Some of the best catfish are caught out of the Brazos River, then cleaned, battered, and fried in the fish cooker until the pieces float in the oil (the healthy kind of cookin' oil rather than otherwise). Even better if it's at a family gatherin' with hush puppies (not the shoes) and other fixins.

One of Dad's relatives farmed catfish in tanks on his ranch for a while. After the property was sold, a work associate lived there for a while and everybody fished the tanks. The fish had come to associate somebody driving up as "feeding time", so they were easy to catch.

Some of my older cousins, when they were younger, would go to the river and "grapple" for those big catfish that seldom came out for a measly hook and worm (live or artificial). One even took his future wife on dates doing that . . . they're still married, too. Now, some might call that "noodling", but it's the same thing of stikin' your hand in to grab them and pull them out without gettin' "finned".

Of course, there is also the time honored "call" method. Another work associate was a known "caller" and lost a good bit of equipment to the silt at the bottom of the river.

Don't forget the McIlhenny Tobasco sauce on that fish!

Enjoy!

NTX5467

Catfish.....bahhh!!!

Filters for the river, as a young lad my buds and I would catch some and bring them to the local store/restaurant and trade for Pizza!

....what he used the fish for I'll never know:eek:

Come to think of it, he used to use sliced spam on his Pizzas. A repressed memory just came out I think...wonder what Spam is made from fish?

Spish? :D

Spish!.jpg

Edited by stealthbob (see edit history)

You missed some other items from your cupboard MrEarl...

Keeping with the health food and pork product theme of this nice SPAM thread....anybody for some Pork Brains in Milk and Gravy?

It's the gravy that gives it the extra brainy taste.

pork-brains-milk-gravy.jpg

...and for those of you who like your food to have a BITE to it:

Teeth.jpg

Catfish.....bahhh!!!

Filters for the river, as a young lad my buds and I would catch some and bring them to the local store/restaurant and trade for Pizza!

....what he used the fish for I'll never know:eek:

Come to think of it, he used to use sliced spam on his Pizzas. A repressed memory just came out I think...wonder what Spam is made from fish?

Spish? :D

Spish%21.jpg

what he used the fish for I'll never know:eek:

that's easy, if he used sliced spam for ham, then he probably used the catfish for anchovies. Where can you buy that Spish?