Spam Pie

MrEarl

I have a dream.....and that dream is...that this thread will never die. That "Spam Pie" will live forever as a thread that binds all rascally Buick lovers together as closely as the threads of a fine Daytona Weave carpet. A place for fun, mischievousness and devilish humor where no words of religion or politics are spoken, no discouraging or hurtful words against our Buick brethren are uttered. (Chevy, Ford guys your days are numbered though) But rather that it be a place of high patriotic American standards, but where also those Buick brethren from foreign nations are welcome to share the kinship and camaraderie of the greatest gathering of aficionados of the greatest automobile on the planet, The BUICK.

hiccup, do I sear a shecond....

Enough of that silliness, lets get on with the show... (Mikey said that)
With the high cost of annual dues, I am considering several cost cutting options to help me pay for them. I have an old set of radial tires I just took off my pick up and am considering putting them on one of my Roadmasters. Any thoughts as to this cost savings measure.

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-LEFT: #eeeece 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; COLOR: #8caa9e; BORDER-TOP: #eeeece 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #dddd9d 2px solid" class=title bgColor=#ffffcc noWrap align=left>SPAM AND CHEESE PIE</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #eeeece 1px solid"> </TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #dddd9d 2px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #eeeece 1px solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 20px; PADDING-LEFT: 20px; PADDING-RIGHT: 20px; BORDER-RIGHT: #dddd9d 2px solid; PADDING-TOP: 20px" bgColor=#ffffcc colSpan=2><!----><!--SPAM AND CHEESE PIE-->

1 c. Spam, cut in 1/2" cubes (may use ham)

1 c. jack cheese, cut in 1/2" cubes

3 eggs, beaten

Onion

Crescent rolls

Line a 9" pie plate with crescent rolls. Use 1 roll to make a lattice top. Bake for 1 hour at 325 degrees; leave in partially opened oven for 25 minutes.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I've found for holding a car off the ground, any tire that fits and holds air will do. Often times, old truck tires are an inexpensive option, particularly since they may be an appropriate size for Buicks.

Now, before driving beyond Buick Gardens, I would certainly give some thought to age and condition of tires.

Spam PIE, with cheese??? Don't forget the McIlhenny Tobasco for added flavor! It really perks the flavor of eggs right up!

Who might the regular members of that "lunch bunch" be these days? Just curious.

Enjoy!

NTX5467

+ 1 on the 'basco sauce.... and yea, who'll be there, I'd like to know who I'll be cuttin cheese with.

I see where Roberta shut down the gripe-a-thon over annual dues (good move!)

Maybe there should be a table set up at the next annual where anyone who gripes about annual dues can learn how to save money by making Spam pie?

Of course, if you REALLY want to make money, have a booth set up where anyone who complains about annual dues is tied to a post and the rest of us pay $5 to throw a Spam pie at them....

I can see the lines now.

Guest santa fe

Love Spam, Has any body ever heard of Spam-a-getty my wife made it one nite and it was great but I havn't been able to get her to make it since. Evidently I was the only one who really liked it. My dad wouldn't eat it because he said he ate to much of it in the war and never again.

If I can get her to remember the reciepe I'll post it.

Jack

ReattaMan, that would be a waste of good SPAM and cheese (and whatever else might be in there).

When I was in a private kindergarten (back when 5563's car was new), the lady served us SPAM. I'd never seen meat in that shape, so it was neat. I asked Mother to buy some. Her and Dad couldn't understand why I liked it so much. I always wondered how they got that meat to be in that shape AND in a can, no less.

The kindergarten was across the street from the local high school. Naturally, there were "cars" that had squallin' rear tires and even some anemic-sounding '54 Chevys with flames behind the front wheels. Interesting things for somebody who liked cars!

Enjoy!

NTX5467

Maybe we could modify a nice original low mileage can of Spam. Lower it. Disc brakes. Stick a Chevy 350 in it. Nice set of polished 22's. Disable the original foot start. Add electric wipers. Of course with radials, bias ply tires suck. Rip out the dynaslush...etc.

Whaddya think?

Maybe we could modify a nice original low mileage can of Spam. Lower it. Disc brakes. Stick a Chevy 350 in it. Nice set of polished 22's. Disable the original foot start. Add electric wipers. Of course with radials, bias ply tires suck. Rip out the dynaslush...etc.

Whaddya think?

I think you been eatin too much peacan pie, done got your sugar levels up. You need to stick to spam pie. With double the amount of spam.

Santa Fe, get that spamagetty recipe for me. I'd like to try it.

"Just so happens" my best friend in the world since grammar school and the Godfather of both my kids, Clarence Young, is lead singer in the "Rack of Spam" band. He and T. Graham Brown started a soul band back in the early 80's. T. Graham (Tony) took off to Nashville, never even looking back to his old friends and Clarence carried on with the group. It is actually just a bunch of musicians from several other bands that play a few times a year for fun. Click here Rack of Spam

I like the idea......

Check the next National Registration

* Beef Dinner ..................._____ x $45.00 = __________

* Chicken Dinner..............._____x $45.00 = ___________

* Lobstau Dinner.............._____x $45.00 = ____________

* Veggie Dinner ..............._____x $45.00 = ____________

**Spam & Cheese............_____x $ 5.00 = ____________

** NOTE Spam & Cheese Dinner served on a Apollo Hood in the Archival Display Area

I have a dream.....and that dream is...that this thread will never die. That "Spam Pie" will live forever as a thread that binds all rascally Buick lovers together as closely as the threads of a fine Daytona Weave carpet. A place for fun, mischievousness and devilish humor where no words of religion or politics are spoken, no discouraging or hurtful words against our Buick brethren are uttered. (Chevy, Ford your days are numbered) But rather that it be a place of high patriotic American standards, but where also those Buick brethren from foreign nations are welcome to share the kinship and camaraderie of the greatest gathering of aficionados of the greatest automobile on the planet, The BUICK.

I have a dream.....and that dream is...that this thread will never die. That "Spam Pie" will live forever as a thread that binds all rascally Buick lovers together as closely as the threads of a fine Daytona Weave carpet. A place for fun, mischievousness and devilish humor where no words of religion or politics are spoken, no discouraging or hurtful words against our Buick brethren are uttered. (Chevy, Ford your days are numbered) But rather that it be a place of high patriotic American standards, but where also those Buick brethren from foreign nations are welcome to share the kinship and camaraderie of the greatest gathering of aficionados of the greatest automobile on the planet, The BUICK.

:D:D Something tells me Mr Earl brought something more than his fine fifty four back from Texas!! and is still celebrating his birthday;);)

TEXAS TEA Maybe?

<FORM method=post action=/recipes/190/>Ingredients

</FORM>2 oz 1800® Tequila

2 oz rum

2 oz vodka

2 oz gin

2 oz bourbon whiskey

2 oz triple sec

2 oz sweet and sour mix

Coca-Cola®

Fill a 1 gallon pitcher with ice. Add all the ingredients except the coca-cola. Stir, then add the coca-cola and stir again. Pour into your favorite glass with ice and enjoy.

• Thanks 1

With a Buick Spam Bucket on top... :D Dandy Dave!

:D:D Something tells me Mr Earl brought something more than his fine fifty four back from Texas!! and is still celebrating his birthday;);)

TEXAS TEA Maybe?

<FORM method=post action=/recipes/190/>Ingredients

</FORM>2 oz 1800® Tequila

2 oz rum

2 oz vodka

2 oz gin

2 oz bourbon whiskey

2 oz triple sec

2 oz sweet and sour mix

Coca-Cola®

Fill a 1 gallon pitcher with ice. Add all the ingredients except the coca-cola. Stir, then add the coca-cola and stir again. Pour into your favorite glass with ice and enjoy.

sounds a lot like Bubba's Tea which calls for 6 oz Georgia Moonshine (the lovin kind, not the fightin kind) instead of the Vodka.

Anybody use Buicks to run 'shine in GA, Mr. Earl???? That Buick TORQUE could come in handy for that! Hopefully, the "lovin'" kind of 'shine would work well in Lawrence Welk's champagne bubble machine??? Lots of smooooth bubbles floating to the ground, with a soft "pop" when they landed. Whereas the "fightin'" kind of 'shine bubbles would leave dents in the floor . . . or pop in a cloud of smoke--get out a their way or else .

GREAT COMMENTS, Mr. EARL!! Well noted!

Enjoy!

NTX5467