WTB: 1920's or early 1930's "Big Sedan" for Independent Film

Guest aggmeister

Guest aggmeister

Hello,

I am a producer for a small, independent film company.  We are making a movie based in the early 30's.  I am looking for a vehicle to star as our the lead character's regular driver.  We have a "body style" in mind, but are flexible on the actual make/model itself.  We are more concerned about condition and meeting the look that we need for this car than brand.  We have decided to buy the car rather than rent, so we can bring it to premiers and promotions as we release the film at various festivals.

We have about $20,000 to spend. We can pull a bit more for the right car.

MUST be a 4 door bigger sedan.  Compare to a Buick Series 80.

Ideally, the car would either be restored, or original in excellent shape.

Must be running and driving, but does not need to be the original drivetrain.

6 or 8 cylinder preferred, as there will be multiple people in the vehicle (actors and cameraman).

The car will be professionally detailed and carefully preserved throughout filming.  This is not the Fast and the Furious...it will be driven professionally and respectfully.  After the film, the director wants to keep the car personally...so it will not be re-sold.  

Details about the film can be released to the seller upon purchase of the vehicle.  Let us know what you have!

This is the style of car we are looking for:

l0Y2Jjtl.jpg

Edited by aggmeister (see edit history)

Guest tmdltim

I have a 1929 series 68 Marmon for sale. It is a 4 door with rear mounted spare. Black fenders, silver body, camel interior, and straight 8 engine. The car is restored and is very presentable. It is located in Abilene Texas and is priced at $32,000. If you are interested, my cell number is 325-668-6678. Tim Eyssen.

Bob, you're not getting rid of your Buick already, are you? Seems like a fine car. BTW, the 56 bird you sold me has been terrific. I've had the continental kit repaired, and some other beauty items. Love the car...just right for Florida.

What are you asking for the Buick?