I also have a project about the Classic Car Club,Inc

I have the same project as Iskra does in a strategic management course. I would like to receive any interesting information regarding CCCA in addition to recent, avialable for public review, financial information.

Guest Chuck Conrad

CCCA is not a public corporation. Our financial information is not published on the Internet or anywhere else for that matter. <P>Think about it. Would you post your personal financial information on the Internet? There are several people out there who would like your credit card numbers.

Dear Chuck Conrad,<P>Thank you for your reply. I do agree that as a private organization you are in the right not to publish any financial information. However in our textbook there is you Income statement for years 1993-1996, and Balance sheet information for years 1994-1996. As our project has strictly educational goals and situated in a country far away from your activities (Bulgaria) I hoped that we could find more recent information about your organization. Now, we have apart from the outdated fin. information, comments about the surveys you had in 1991 and 1983, company organization chart from 97, membership data until 96 and so on. Information that is now outdated and not of much help for our presentation about the current status of CCCA.<P>Thank you very much for your time and attention,<P>Best Regards

Guest Chuck Conrad

I am the site's Web Master, not it's financial executive officer. As such, I do not have financial information about the club available to me. Since CCCA is a private social/historical organization, there is no reason for me, or anyone else not involved with the day to day finances of the Club to be privy to such information, just as there is no reason why I should know your personal financial statistics either.<P>I can tell you that the Club is solvent and flourishing. We are at an all time membership high of 5860 members. That's up aproximately 250 members from the previous year. If you will look on our web site, you will discover how much dues are. From that, you may be able to figure out what out income from dues actually is. <P>We also sell a book called the "Classic Era." It is a limited edition, first released in December 2000. I believe only 5500 copies were printed. It is selling well. You can find information about it, including pricing on the web site. <P>CCCA also publishes a Membership Directory every year which carries advertising, as does one of our publications, "The Bulletin." The Directory makes a small profit for the Club. The other publications ("The Bulletin" and "The Classic Car") are major expenses for the Club, and where most of our members dues money goes. <P>Our National Activities (Grand Classics, CARavans, and Annual Meeting) are run as "break even" functions. The Club is about serving its members, not making money.<P>The Club has an office in Des Plaines, Illinois, near Chicago's O'Hare Airport, which we own out-right(no mortgage). There are two part time employees who take care of things there. Other than that, nobody in CCCA is paid. <P>The Board of Directors works for free and pays all their own expenses, including travel. It is an expensive proposition for these volunteers who must make eight trips to Chicago each year, plus attend the Annual Meeting and at least some of our other national events<P>You mentioned a membership survey. We took another one about a year ago. The results are published on the web site.<P>I hope this helps a bit. Unfortunately, I do not have any more information to share with you. As I suggested in an earlier post, you can get an information packet from National Headquarters. You might try contacting them. You can do that from the Web Site too! They do have email and a telephone. <P>Just so you'll know, I'm a volunteer in Dallas Texas, located about 900 miles from Chicago.<BR> <BR>If you did not give yourself enough time to do your research or didn't take the time to look for what you need on the web site, then you may learn a valuable lesson.<P>In case you haven't visited the web site, the address is <A HREF="http://www.classiccarclub.org" TARGET=_blank>www.classiccarclub.org</A> <P>Best wishes<P>Chuck Conrad