V6 TC Engine LS4 swap? or Turbo?

Guest TC523

Guest TC523

Hello Everyone, I am new to this forum, but I have had my V6 TC for quite a while now. Its been sitting in my garage collecting dust and mold. I plan on fixing it up back to tip top shape. I'm also planning on giving it some more muscle by either dropping in an LS4 V8 (FWD) or some sort or forced induction like a turbo. I was reading earlier about someone that swapped their Auto Trans with a Manual Trans. I was wondering if anyone had swapped their Engine or added a forced induction.

Edited by TC523 (see edit history)

Guest TC523

On TurboDodge they have a section for turboing the v6.  Kind of far out there.

what is "TurboDodge" and what do you mean by "kind of far out there"?

Turbododge.com.  Underneath the TC body is a Dodge Daytona.  Far out there means that very few try add a turbo to the V6 since the 4 banger can put out a lot of horsepower on it's own.,  Start reading Turbododge and Turbo-Mopar.com.

There are 2 parts suppliers for adding hp to the 4 cylinder engine. 

Guest TC523

Turbododge.com.  Underneath the TC body is a Dodge Daytona.  Far out there means that very few try add a turbo to the V6 since the 4 banger can put out a lot of horsepower on it's own.,  Start reading Turbododge and Turbo-Mopar.com.

There are 2 parts suppliers for adding hp to the 4 cylinder engine. 

ok thanks, ive heard that the V6 in the TC is a Mitsubishi engine that is found in the Dodge Stealth and 3000GT.

I know this will probably be poorly received, but why not let well enough alone with your 3.0L

If you want to have more of a driving experience with the V6, go for the manual 5 speed. We have one in a 95 Dodge Shadow. It is quite quick.

You can read about the trans swap on one of the Allpar sites by my signature section. It's for the 4 cylinder, but the procedure would be the same.

Just get parts from a 3 Liter.

Hello Everyone, I am new to this forum, but I have had my V6 TC for quite a while now. Its been sitting in my garage collecting dust and mold. I plan on fixing it up back to tip top shape. I'm also planning on giving it some more muscle by either dropping in an LS4 V8 (FWD) or some sort or forced induction like a turbo. I was reading earlier about someone that swapped their Auto Trans with a Manual Trans. I was wondering if anyone had swapped their Engine or added a forced induction.

Spent a week reworking the front suspension and drivetrain of an 05 Mitsubishi that went swimming and here's my 2¢ worth on the subject. If your motor is shot and your car is gutless and in need of a transplant, the Mitsu V6 DOHC will give it guts and as near as I can tell it will bolt up to the tranny or you can give it a little more zipp-ity-do-da and move it over with the engine controller and the 5 speed auto attached. The bolts for the intermediate axle won't line up and you may need to change end caps on axles, but that's a minor modification.  I see you're stationed in North Carolina, I suspect that means military and if you're at Fort Brag that gives you easy access to quite possibly the best equipped auto hobby centers of all the military bases.

Best of luck with your up grade and if you can't find a 5 speed from a mid 90's Chrysler don't be dismayed, late model Mitsubishi parts can be made to fit.