1951 Dietrich limo.....Value?

Guest gonesouth

Guest gonesouth
I have been looking at pictures of a 51 Dietrich limo. Condition is claimed to be excellent and the pictures back that up for a newbie with no real knowledge to back up his oohs and aahs with hard questions......
Anyone got good idea on the value?
It may be Canadian built, does that affect the value?
The engine was swapped out for a 54, but the original engine is included for future rebuild and reinstall. What does that do to the value?

In order to evaluate the opportunity what do I need to find out? VIN/body number, what is wrong with the engine, etc etc

Thanks

Jim

I'm not going to pretend I'm a Packard expert but I have never heard of a 1951 Dietrich Packard.  I thought Packard stopped using the Dietrich tag around 37/38.   In any event you need to post pictures to clear up 90% of the questions.

At least 8 Dietrich-designed Packards in 51 and 52, though who actually built the 51s is in question; the 52s were built by Henney.  But note that of the 4 known 51s, none were limos, and all 4 of the 52 models were limos on the 149" wheelbase.  See a more thorough response on the PackardInfo forum where you also posted the question.