Help needed for the value of a '64 KX coded car?

Guest rsteere

1111055 is incorrect distributor for the dual quad package. That was the standard single carb distributor.

The #3655 rear carb is coming up in several reference searches as 64-66 Cadillac Carb. Maybe someone else can confirm.

Found it, a window sticker that I took a picture of in '92 when the BCA was in Overland Park, KS. This is how a dual four barrel car would have been purchased in 1964.

attachicon.gifScan10002.JPG

Excellent info, thanks guys. I have passed along this to the owner as well and directed him to visit this site if he would like to review all of the comments. It seems now my choices since I like things as correct as possible, are don't buy the car (although at around $24-26k if it as clean and low mileage as it appears and the seller certainly seems like someone to be trusted, it could still represent a fair buy?), or buy the car and try to make it a proper 2x4 set up as per factory if possible finding and using all of the parts outlined in this string (how much time, money and effort would that take?), or buy the car and return it to the stock single four barrel set up (might be relatively easy?).... hmmmm,..

Edited by cultusrider (see edit history)

From the overall condition of the car, it looks like a good buy.  If you're not absolutely sold on having a car with the two four barrel setup, it would be very easy to resort back to original and run a single four barrel Carter AFB or Rochester 4GC.  You'd need to find the manifold, carb, and air cleaner..  If you're not attached to the dual four barrel set up, selling it would pay for your transportation costs, and the cost of finding the items to make it a VERY nice single four barrel 1964 Riviera.

Currently there's a '64 dual quad numbers matching car listed on the ROA's website in the "Hot new classifieds."  It's in Minnesota and advertised for $17,000. 

Oh, and just wondering if anyone has looked at the carb and intake manifold hand written info provided by the owner?

The rear carb has been indentified as a Cadillac carb, the distributor is a single four barrel item, in addition to Tom's other comments, the manifold date (according to the owner) is 12th day of Aug, but there's no year given,  and the build date of the car is the 3rd week of Jan, '64.  From this information, I'd say that the induction has been pieced together.  Still would be a strong car as a single carb car.

Ed

From the overall condition of the car, it looks like a good buy.  If you're not absolutely sold on having a car with the two four barrel setup, it would be very easy to resort back to original and run a single four barrel Carter AFB or Rochester 4GC.  You'd need to find the manifold, carb, and air cleaner..  If you're not attached to the dual four barrel set up, selling it would pay for your transportation costs, and the cost of finding the items to make it a VERY nice single four barrel 1964 Riviera.

Currently there's a '64 dual quad numbers matching car listed on the ROA's website in the "Hot new classifieds."  It's in Minnesota and advertised for $17,000.

The rear carb has been indentified as a Cadillac carb, the distributor is a single four barrel item, in addition to Tom's other comments, the manifold date (according to the owner) is 12th day of Aug, but there's no year given,  and the build date of the car is the 3rd week of Jan, '64.  From this information, I'd say that the induction has been pieced together.  Still would be a strong car as a single carb car.

Ed

Thanks Ed, still thinking really hard about buying this car. The owner says the car was tuned last year, is running really well and recommends just enjoying it the way it is until deciding which direction to go regarding the carb set up. He is ideally looking for an owner that will keep the car as original as possible (looking past this carb issue of course :)) which is certainly my plan.

$41,500 for this one at Mecum this week.

https://www.mecum.com/lot-detail/FL0116-230918/0/1964-Buick-Riviera/Automatic/

1 of 2,122 built with Super Wildcat 425 CI dual quad engine
- Matching numbers engine
- Former Riviera Owners Club National winner
- Air conditioning
- Power windows
- Power mini vent
- Power seat
- Tilt steering column
- Cruise control
- Deluxe interior
- Genuine wood trim
- AM/FM radio with reverb

When we were in St. Charles last June, Carl gave the formula for that color to me but I'll be d*%#*ned if I can find it.  He took the base color and tweaked it a bit for that extra bling.  Looking back, it's too bad that GM didn't do the same at the time.

Ed

When we were in St. Charles last June, Carl gave the formula for that color to me but I'll be d*%#*ned if I can find it.  He took the base color and tweaked it a bit for that extra bling.  Looking back, it's too bad that GM didn't do the same at the time.

Ed

Ed,

Carl and I speak regularly. If you would like I can ask him for the formula.

Tom

$41,500 for this one at Mecum this week.

https://www.mecum.com/lot-detail/FL0116-230918/0/1964-Buick-Riviera/Automatic/

1 of 2,122 built with Super Wildcat 425 CI dual quad engine

- Matching numbers engine

- Former Riviera Owners Club National winner

- Air conditioning

- Power windows

- Power mini vent

- Power seat

- Tilt steering column

- Cruise control

- Deluxe interior

- Genuine wood trim

- AM/FM radio with reverb

Big money if it`s real. Thanks for posting Chris,

Tom Mooney

ROA "National winner."  Is this by any chance Carl Blanchard's car?

Carl offered to sell me this car at every annual meet since Branson so I know it well. I'm glad he got a good price. He did a very nice job with it and extra metallic is one of the benefits, I suppose, of having your own paint and body shop. The interior was also excellent and we particularly enjoyed listening to his radio with the factory reverb. Some may notice he recently switched back to the correct wire wheel covers - the chrome road wheels are now on his '66 Wildcat convertible.

Carl offered to sell me this car at every annual meet since Branson so I know it well. I'm glad he got a good price. He did a very nice job with it and extra metallic is one of the benefits, I suppose, of having your own paint and body shop. The interior was also excellent and we particularly enjoyed listening to his radio with the factory reverb. Some may notice he recently switched back to the correct wire wheel covers - the chrome road wheels are now on his '66 Wildcat convertible.

Carl sold it to a dealer who I assume sold it thru the auction....if it`s real money,

Tom