Sign in to follow this  
jsalla

Status as Antique Vehicle - Does it change with new engine?

I just think it is a classic vehicle, with a newer engine.  Nothing wrong with that if that's what you want.  After all, it's your car.  I don't consider anything after WWII antique, but rather collectible, classic, or whatever other words you want to use.  Of course, those terms are up to the interpretation of many.

Has anyone noticed that the differentiation between pre-war and post-war cars is a little skewed? About 1900-1942 vs. 1946-2015 keeps getting to be a larger group on one side. And it hasn't stopped.

Bernie

Has anyone noticed that the differentiation between pre-war and post-war cars is a little skewed? About 1900-1942 vs. 1946-2015 keeps getting to be a larger group on one side. And it hasn't stopped.

Bernie

Weird, huh? I wonder how that happens :rolleyes:;)

Gotta love W C Fields....Capital L small a capital F small o small n small g...LaFong

Guest BillP

If I did know Carl LaFong, I wouldn't admit it!

We have an elderly Chocolate Lab who is almost blind. We call him Mr Muckle.

If I did know Carl LaFong, I wouldn't admit it!

"He's a railroad man. He gets up very early in the morning"

"He's a chump"

I am the owner of an antique vehicle.  The vehicle suffered an engine fire.  The engine was destroyed beyond repair.  It was cost prohibitive to replace the destroyed engine with another antique engine from the same type vehicle.  So, I replaced the destroyed engine with an engine from a different non-antique vehicle.  Does my antique vehicle remain an antique vehicle?

Thanks for your help.

mbjg0788

It's actually pretty relative. Some antique clubs here in Brazil will consider that any car with 80% autenticity is a true antique, even though the way they measure it is not the most reliable. Some purists would say that you commited a heresy, but I think most would agree that is not a big deal.