1939 Chevy interior paint

Hi.

I am new to the AACA forums. I have been reading off and on for a while.

My master 85 four door has the brown paint on the dash in the instrument cluster, clock bezel and wind garnish. I have the Duco paint chips but exterior, wheels, belt line. No interior. Does anyone have the colors and mix?

Is there any special paint other than black for the inside headlights. The adjustable bucket that fits inside

Thanks

Ace...

I found the answer to my second question. For the inner headlight housings, they are black. I would assume Dupont Duco Black 246-2048 or it's equivalent.

I am still not sure about what brown to use on the dash, window frames or other colors they may have been just in case I decide to change colors.

Thanks

Ace...

• 1 month later...

I believe the brown color was rose beige. I have a pretty good memory of the color, but no documentation. If you don't come up with it a better way, it may be the same as on the back of glove box lid on 40 Cadilac, which I likely have a sample of.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the replies. I have been ou of pocket as of late. The car has been media blasted inside and out. I recall before them being a brownish color maybe the rose beige. Were all of them the same colors inside? I have seen some cars that were woodgrained but wasnt sure if that was factory or not. Should have taken photos.

Thanks

Ace...

• 6 months later...
Guest jfs39chevy

I'm kind of late responding to your question but I just saw it and I don't know if you ever got an answer.  In response to your question about the correct dash paint color for your 39 Chevy Master 85, I believe that it should all be light brown and rose beige may be correct for the Master 85 but I don't know the name of the color.  Hibernia Auto Restorations, LLC in New Jersey used to have the correct color in lacquer but I don't know if they still have it.  It's been many, many years since I painted the dash on my Master 85 but you might want to check with them. 

The Master 85's had the plainer interiors and the Master Deluxe cars had the fancier interiors, For instance, the MD's had the wood grained dashes that you've probably seen - they also had different window moldings (with a stripe at bottom), front arm rests, a 2nd sun visor, a separate switch for the dome light, a robe rail strap on the back of the sedan front seats, etc.

Hope this helps if it's not too late! 

You may want to email the folks at  http://www.autocolorlibrary.com

Their email link can be found at the bottom of the website.

They have a lot of color chips for colors not listed on their website.

I recently bought a quart of Grigio Ametista colored paint for my recently acquired 1964 Vespa VNB from them to paint the gas tank and for touch up.  It was not listed on their website, but they had the chip and it turned out to be a perfect match.

• 2 years later...