WTB: Stearns-Knight Manifold Cross-Over Pipe

pughs

Hi All,

I am looking for the heat-riser pipe that goes over the top of the engine from the exhaust manifold to the intake manifold for my 1927 6 cylinder Stearns-Knight. I believe that it was originally a cast piece with a porcelain coating. Please see the attached photo. Thank you.

Steve

post-76585-0-07475600-1435161373_thumb.j

Pughs, over the course of 32 years I bought, sold, and/or traded 10 Willys-Knight automobiles.  I sold two Model 56 Willys-Knight Coaches, a spare

engine and a whole trailer load of mechanical parts to a fellow out in Mansfield, Ohio.  His name is Ary vanHarlingen.  You can reach him at

Shaw-Ott Medical Supply (he owns the business) and the phone number there is - (877) 742 - 9688  He is a really nice guy to deal with and you should tell him that I sent you his way.  I am sure that he will help you out.  I know that there was at least one of the crossover pipes in the parts he got in addition to what was on the spare engine.  Hope this will help you.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

• 2 weeks later...

Terry,

I spoke with Ary and he sent pictures of what he had. They were for Willys-Knight and quite a bit different shape from the one that I need for my Stearns-Knight. Thank for the lead even though it didn't work out.

Steve

• 1 month later...