The Cobbler’s child has no shoes

Keith L.

I put my car in storage in Utah ten years ago because we moved to Lost Wages and the cost for storage in Utah was $70. per month as opposed to $260 in Vegas.  Made sense. However, now I couldn’t work on it.

I needed to find a way to fulfill my need to work on my Zephyr even though it was 120 miles away, so I decided to make the dash knobs for it. I put out the word on this forum for pristine knobs to copy and John Murphy replied. He would loan me his set in exchange for making him a second set for a ’41 sedan he had. Word got out and I sold the second set, and third, and fourth and then members started asking for other years. The next logical step was to try my hand at steering wheels. Through it John became my good friend and I met some wonderful people along the way.

Only problem is, now that I have my three window home, it still needs the interior plastic and steering wheel. 

Attached is a photo of my three window Zephyr dash. 

post-76593-0-66645300-1434996573_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yep. 

Send me an email with your year and I'll send you an order form or promotional flyers.    

knobsoup@gmail.com

BTW, in the search box type in knobsoup  to see other posts and interesting stuff on knobsoup.

Keith