For Sale 1950 Ford Deluxe

Guest drnittler

Guest drnittler

For sale: A 1950 Ford Deluxe. It was acquired Father's Day 2009. This car is a four door sedan and has the 226 Flathead six cylinder engine. The mileage reads 28000 plus. The car has been kept as original as possible, when upgraded or repaired. It is a good solid driver and would make a great starter car for a new collector, a great tour car, or with some detailing it could be a great winning show car. The car comes with parts, documentation, trophies and other items. I am reducing my collection so that is the reason for the sale.

The starting price is $14,000.00 but is negotiable for serious buyers. For information, etc please reply to this ad and I will send contact information.

Thanks for reading.

Guest drnittler

I guess this car is not for sale now. A young brainless girls was texting and rear ended my 61 Studebaker. So I'll me to hand onto this Ford for now to stay into the hobby.

Edited by drnittler (see edit history)

I can barely use the phone book in my track phone.  That's after a few minutes of pushing buttons and turning it off and on so texting would be about as easy as  learning a foreign language and I'm only 40.  So yup I'm in the "never done that " category. I'm not even quite sure how to get a text if one comes in to it.  I guess there is a reason I only have a track phone.

No, we haven't "all" done it!

I would guess 99% then.

Maybe you just don't have a cell phone or like seeker don't know how to use it. LOL

I guess that the only replies here would be those that have not. Could we all man up and be honest with ourselves here? How about a poll?

I have and am not proud of that. If I feel I need to text I now pull over. I have to pull over to hook up my hands free phone system as well. (put in the ear buds and plug them in). 

I would guess 99% then.

Maybe you just don't have a cell phone or like seeker don't know how to use it. LOL

I guess that the only replies here would be those that have not. Could we all man up and be honest with ourselves here? How about a poll?

I have and am not proud of that. If I feel I need to text I now pull over. I have to pull over to hook up my hands free phone system as well. (put in the ear buds and plug them in). 

No deceptive or "trick" answer here. I have a cell phone and can use it. I text quite often. I have never texted while driving.

I am betting the percentage is FAR FAR LESS than 99 percent.

There is no sound numbers to support the 99 percent number, PLEASE don't include me in such.

I would be shocked if the number is anywhere near this NO PROOF NUMBER.

The reason MANY may not respond is because they don't feel it DESERVES an answer.

Dale in Indy

Wouldn't even attempt to do it.  Takes me 5 min to type "Hello"

Saw a photo the other day of a girl riding a motorbike one handed on the freeway in traffic at 60mph texting and looking down at the phone. 

The guy who took the photo said she went for over 30 sec. looking at the phone.  Tempory citizen I guess.    

Guest drnittler

I did not intend to start a debate, but the girl that hit me was texting and hit my car. I was lucky I was not hurt. Yeah she is an idiot for texting and driving and got the ticket to prove it, not to mention she has to deal with my attorney. I have a feeling her text could have waited.

I hope you are right Dale. But my comment that should have been that we all have done it at least once.

The group on this forum is not the norm. 

America is being educated, and I hope we are all learning.

I see the younger generation texting all the time. I like to get up real close and lay on the horn. Good sport and makes em look.

I have a flip phone and if I were going to text ( I have texted twice - but never while driving - or walking for that matter). I get all loused up with trying to remember hor many times I have to push the button to get the letter I want. I took one picture with it but so far haven't been able to figure out how to view it.

To me it's a  phone - that's how I use it.

I did not intend to start a debate, but the girl that hit me was texting and hit my car. I was lucky I was not hurt. Yeah she is an idiot for texting and driving and got the ticket to prove it, not to mention she has to deal with my attorney. I have a feeling her text could have waited.

OMG new shoes, gotta tell my BFF Jill. LOL!

That kind of news just can't wait, you know.

Edited by Matt Harwood (see edit history)

I listened to mine dinging over an hour as I was driving home from hershey in the cup holder in my truck only to find out that when I stopped it said you have a new text to add minutes at a special rate.  I couldn't figure out why the darn thing was dinging.  I thought it was low battery.  Now if it does it,  I know you just have to open it part way and close it to get it to stop dinging.  Nobody I know sends texts to me.  I can do that and not have to look at it.  Thank god.  That's really annoying.  

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)