johnworden1

1915 Milburn restoration finished

John,

Very Nice! I can't wait to see more photos. How about some photos of the underside? How does it drive?

Steve

Steve, I want to post photos of the interior because it is beautiful. It was done by a shop in Ames Iowa so I can't take credit. Before the interior shots I will "fit" some rose buds in the vases. 

The car drives well in first, second and reverse. I haven't got up the nerve to go faster yet. I forgot to look at the volt/amp gauge while underway. Steering is fairly light once underway. Suspension with driver only is stiffer than I thought it would be. Softer would be nice. It is a bit odd sitting back so far in the car. I can see the allure of a light electric for around town use. Four passengers would be a tight fit. The overall feel is that of a powered wagon. The car weights 2700 lbs. with 170 lb. driver. 

Thanks to you Steve for answering my questions and providing photos. 

We found the original blue and black under  crudely brush applied black paint. The blue is fleet color Rodeway Blue. 

Thanks for the complement. 

Nice job. I believe we provided you with runningboards for the Milburn. Good to see it finished.

Nice job. I believe we provided you with runningboards for the Milburn. Good to see it finished.

Yes you did and they worked out perfectly. The car owner and I were fortunate to have crossed paths with you. Thanks.  John

Glad we could help. I still have the patterns here should anyone else ever need running boards.

Just found this thread!!

John, you car is just amazing with a equity amazing restoration. It's a great piece of American history!!

Thanks for sharing!!