Oldsmobile window rollers

ed burke

Hi, I have checked several Buick and Chevy catalogs. I think these rollers are on the car because of the size of the glass. Are there any other vendors out there like Restoration Specialties. That have been around for awhile???

ED

Ed,

Run an eBay search for the following part numbers and see if you like what comes up:

'66 Tor. frt. sash channel upper roller (also '66 Tor. 1st type rear sash channel upper roller) - 7640704

'66 - '68 Tor. frt. & rear lwr, sash lower roller - 9724575 (was originally 9711820)

or...

http://www.buickfarm.net/index.php?option=com_redshop&view=product&pid=6695&cid=0&Itemid=126#

and...

9724575 was replaced by 3069189 which is still a valid GM number with stock at the warehouses. It was used in J-cars and pickups.

Paul

Hey Paul, Thanks for your help but look closely at the pic of this roller. (dual purpose)The Toronado has 5 ea rollers in the front door. Two of them are Part # 9724575 they are available. 2 more are the standard riveted type.The other 2 I am looking for  slide in a short channel that is mounted on the window frame. and also run up and down in the main channel. They are in there I believe to hold the window from moving in and out. It is a huge window. I did get 2 from Restoration Specialties but it took a 2 weeks for him to find them. He also told me he had no more and no part # for them. I might have the count of rollers wrong for you but hopefully I explained it. The 1966 service manual has nothing on the repair of the window and the parts books I have don't have anything in them either. 

THANKS AGAIN ED

Window repair is covered in the '66 Fisher Body Manual, a separate manual from the Olds Chassis Service Manual.

My parts illustration calls the pieces that attach to the front and rear of the glass, "channels." I wouldn't call them that. Each channel has an upper roller that can apparently slide horizontally and a lower roller that is stationary. The rear upper roller was done away with later in production, and was not used in '67 or '68.

The roller in your photos above appears to be the upper one that can slide. And it seems to match the roller in the link to the Buick Farm in my previous post.

My problem is that the Olds catalog lists the upper roller to be part number 7640704. They list the lower number to be 9724575, which matches the number on the package of the Buick roller, which looks like the roller in your picture. So, either the Olds catalog is wrong, or the Buick roller really doesn't belong in that package. Both are possibilities that occur yet today.

To complicate matters, in the part illustration, they appear to have the callout numbers reversed for the front upper and lower rollers, called the slider the lower and the stationary one the upper.

At any rate, it looks like the roller being offered for sale by the Buick Farm matches the roller in your photo - just different colors, which isn't surprising since there is a part number change involved.

Paul

Hi Paul, Thanks so much for the info. Don't know how us OLDS Guys would ever get our cars repaired without you. Checked Buick Farm and they only have 2 ea of these (slides-rollers) available. I will also hunt up a 66 fisher body manual. 

Again Thanks a lot

ED