Wanted- Carter WGD Metering Rod Spring

Ethan1

Needing Carter WGD metering rod spring, part number 61-382. If anyone has a parts carb, let me know and I will look it up and see if it uses the same metering rod spring. Thanks, Ethan!

Reply to this if you have one. Thanks!

I have boxes of small carburetor parts for Packard but, while I don't recall specifically parting out a WGD, if I did I may have what you need or perhaps the same part was used on another Carter carburetor. None of the parts are in any kind of order nor are they marked so do you have a photo or can you describe it to me in detail? Today is the last day in Oregon at my shop so you'll have to let me know quickly if I am to look for it on this visit. Otherwise it will be a couple months before I'm back.

If it's a tiny spring, then I have one that appears to be new. I also just found a used throttle rod with clips that you inquired about in another posting. If these are what you need, then please PM me with your direct contact email.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Here is a photo of the throttle shaft retaining ring:

IMG_0500_zpssrfnwybd.jpg

I need two of them. Thanks! Ethan

When I went through the box of parts earlier I wasn't looking for this part and I don't recall seeing it. I can look again but why do you need two? The carburetor has only one and I suspect that if I have any at all, it would also be only one and they rarely come off intact anyway. I don't recall ever parting out a WGD but I must have done so to account for having the throttle rod. However, I am certain I never parted out two!

When I went through the box of parts earlier I wasn't looking for this part and I don't recall seeing it. I can look again but why do you need two? The carburetor has only one and I suspect that if I have any at all, it would also be only one and they rarely come off intact anyway. I don't recall ever parting out a WGD but I must have done so to account for having the throttle rod. However, I am certain I never parted out two!

I need one for a Carter WCD 1950 Buick as well. Used the same Carter part number. Don't worry about looking for it, Don, as one day I will find a couple. Hopefully! The spring is the one I need. The one Jon posted is the one you have. So, I guess that is all I need. Thanks! Ethan

Edited by Ethan1 (see edit history)

I need one for a 1950 Buick as well. Used the same Carter part number. Don't worry about looking for it, Don, as one day I will find a couple. Hopefully! The spring is the one I need. The one Jon posted is the one you have. So, I guess that is all I need. Thanks! Ethan

E-mail etrowb@msn.com

I had wondered if you might have been working on two carburetors. Your request gave me the incentive to go through and sort out the small parts and there are other boxes somewhere too but I didn't see the retainer in the main one. I am only just now getting back into working on my cars that have been sitting untouched for decades after moving everything to a large new shop for the purpose but little has been organized yet.

On the spring, I am trying to amortize the cost for you so I had hoped to find other pieces you might need, such as the link or the retainer, because the spring by itself takes as much time and effort to mail as it does to mail several things. It's quite rural here and takes considerable driving to even get to a paved road!

I had wondered if you might have been working on two carburetors. Your request gave me the incentive to go through and sort out the small parts and there are other boxes somewhere too but I didn't see the retainer in the main one. I am only just now getting back into working on my cars that have been sitting untouched for decades after moving everything to a large new shop for the purpose but little has been organized yet.

On the spring, I am trying to amortize the cost for you so I had hoped to find other pieces you might need, such as the link or the retainer, because the spring by itself takes as much time and effort to mail as it does to mail several things. It's quite rural here and takes considerable driving to even get to a paved road!

That is all I need. I know what you mean though on the effort of mailing a tiny little spring. :(