Define "short-list"

Guest Chuck Conrad

Also, what is your opinion of the 1956 Mark II making it as a "classic"? <P>Perhaps sometime in the future it will be considered, but at this time, CCCA only recognizes specific vehicles manufactured betwen 1925 and 1948. By our current date standards, It does not qualify. You can view a full list of "Approved Classics" on our web site: <A HREF="http://www.classiccarclub.org" TARGET=_blank>www.classiccarclub.org</A> <P><BR>Please email response to: flyby98465@yahoo.com<P><p>[This message has been edited by Chuck Conrad (edited 06-13-2000).]

As an additional comment on the viability of "classic" status for the Mark I Lincoln, I would note that the 1925 through 1948 CCCA guidelines also refer to an historical era. During this period there existed a lifestyle that permitted and encouraged a "cost-be-damned" automobile. If you look over the list of approved Full Classic? automobiles this type of car will show up often: Duesenbergs, Rolls-Royce, Bentley, Stutz and many others. While the Mark I Lincoln certainly does fit the 'cost-be-damned' part of the formula, the lifestyle associated with it was long gone, as were the customers for such an extravagence as shown by the limited lifespan of the model. This is not to say that the Lincoln is less of a car or any less desireable, rather it is a vehicle from a different era and does not fit the criteria set forth for a Full Classic?. I hope this is a useful explanation.