What a difference a year makes (traded in my Vette for a )

auburnseeker

This year this is the new symbol of power and (well not quite ) excitement.  Very versatile but definitely a whole different experience.  45 HP, Diesel, Naturally aspirated, Top speed I think is 24 MPH depending on tire size. 12 Speed transmission.  It does atleast have heat air a stereo and Power Steering. More options than the Vette. LOL 

post-86835-0-55632100-1434372612_thumb.jpost-86835-0-68239300-1434372619_thumb.j

The little rig on the back is a whole different kind of excitement as well.  Not quite the average homeowner Chipper Shredder but it's what was needed to tame the jungle around this place. 

Guest AlCapone

Priorities in life dictate where we spend our money and whether we buy toys or necessities. Many times that also means selling toys to buy necessities. A wise man knows when to make the right decision. Wayne

Priorities in life dictate where we spend our money and whether we buy toys or necessities. Many times that also means selling toys to buy necessities. A wise man knows when to make the right decision. Wayne

I sell necessities to buy toys.

Cheers,

Grog

Farm Tractors can be fun too.

I've got a '59 John Deere 435 with the 2-53 Detroit Diesel. 

It actually serves two purposes. 

It an antique/collectors item as well as a work tractor. 

(although it only sees light duty work)

Bill

I would absolutely LOVE to trade my 69 427 Vette for almost anything. Goes like Hell if you don't mind the rattles, leaks, blazing hot in the summer, drafty in the winter, need to be ferret to work on it and a contoursonist to get in and out of it. As far as I'm concerned it's a spawn of the Devil.........Bob

Edited by Bhigdog (see edit history)

Having a spread that requires a Morbark and tractor is a win.   :)

That was the other part of the trade.  It was also our down payment to get into this place.  Old house had a tiny 1 car garage, oversized 2 car garage 24 by 28 with a stairway in the middle of it, all on .23 of an acre.  New house has an oversize 1 car under the house, 28 by 50 clear span garage and 7 acres to build my dream garage at 60 by 72.  I just wish I had a few more Vettes to sell to pay the place off and build that garage. 

"and a contoursonist to get in and out of it."

You have never been in a Crossfire coupe, have you ? I'm 5'10" and needed a sawzall and a cut off tool to get comfortable. Seems to have been designed for Gus Grissom.

Kudos to you! There truly IS always another car. You are doing what is required to fulfill the long term dreams of your self and your spouse.  Enjoy, and well done!

Yes ... even when selling isn't what you want to do.  Will soon have to put my 2 Caprice Classics on the market.  Not looking forward to that.

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"My heart can't possibly break when it wasn't even whole to start with" __ Kelly Clarkson __ 'Because Of You'