Photo Op for Early cars

BillDC

I know this is late info, but the club received this note and so far there haven't been any takers. If you are interested, contact Carver below:

Subject:

Re: seeking information on a potential 1913-18 Franklin sedan

Dear Mr. Harrison,
    My name is Teresa Carver. I am Area Coordinator of Antique Cars for the Midwest Old Settlers and Threshers Organization in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa.  I have a group who is wishing to recreate a period photo that was part of their 50th anniversary celebration, and they have requested our assistance. However, I do not have a lead on the forefront auto of the picture, which we believe is a Franklin sedan from somewhere around 1915 (as the picture is dated 1919)  What they believe they want to do is to actually create a video that begins with this photo and then pans into a real live scene staged like the photo to begin the introduction into the 150th anniversary celebration. I have no problem with the 4 background autos as I believe I can pass off model T tourings for those and I have plenty of access within my local exhibitors. The Franklin however is my problem at this point.
   Do you possibly know of anyone near who might be willing to help out the ladies PEO organization with their grand project? We will be filming this on the Old Threshers grounds sometime in July if we can get a car nailed down.  I don't think I can pass off a 1912 Overland  as a Franklin even with laying a Franklin hood over the top of it...
   Any assistance you might provide will be greatly appreciated.

post-132222-0-52135200-1434129321_thumb.

• 1 month later...

I know this is late info, but the club received this note and so far there haven't been any takers. If you are interested, contact Carver below:

Subject: Re: seeking information on a potential 1913-18 Franklin sedan

I have a 1922 franklin but it's a 4 door.

Dear Mr. Harrison,

My name is Teresa Carver. I am Area Coordinator of Antique Cars for the Midwest Old Settlers and Threshers Organization in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa.  I have a group who is wishing to recreate a period photo that was part of their 50th anniversary celebration, and they have requested our assistance. However, I do not have a lead on the forefront auto of the picture, which we believe is a Franklin sedan from somewhere around 1915 (as the picture is dated 1919)  What they believe they want to do is to actually create a video that begins with this photo and then pans into a real live scene staged like the photo to begin the introduction into the 150th anniversary celebration. I have no problem with the 4 background autos as I believe I can pass off model T tourings for those and I have plenty of access within my local exhibitors. The Franklin however is my problem at this point.

Do you possibly know of anyone near who might be willing to help out the ladies PEO organization with their grand project? We will be filming this on the Old Threshers grounds sometime in July if we can get a car nailed down.  I don't think I can pass off a 1912 Overland  as a Franklin even with laying a Franklin hood over the top of it...

Any assistance you might provide will be greatly appreciated.