1955 Buick Special Conv. question

gfw2

A good friend of mine has just bought a 32,000 mile 55 special conv. Sadly it was taken apart about 25 years ago for a restoration and then it just sat in a building that was not weather tight. The body is rust free and he has all the parts they took off. He is the third owner and plans on getting it up and running and enjoying it for a while. Its Black and white with a red and white interior and white top.

My question is how do i find out how many 55 special 3 speed conv. were made?

Thanks 

George

Guest my3buicks

there were 10,009 - 1955 Special convertibles built, I don't think there is a source for breakdown of how many had stick, but I am sure it was rather low.  That being said I don't think it would have any positive bearing on the value, in fact it could considerably narrow the cars overall appeal in the market to all but a select few buyers.  Certainly an oddity and a good conversation item.  What color combination?

• Like 1

Thats what i thought about it being a standard,i know i would rather have an automatic.  Ill get a couple pictures and post them.

The Body is black and white the interior is red and white  with a white top.

Thanks George

Guest buicksuper2

hi, i have black convertible in restaration , i have doing that some years, black, red interior, was white top, but i order red, i think it will ready in this year, if your friend need any help to assamble it , i have pictures and some tecnical info if he needs, car was taken all parts off, and every part have repair, paint, chromed or galvanized. 

send pm if need help

For what its worth, I think it being a Stick is very cool.  While not correct, I would love to find a Standard Shift and put it in my Roadmaster.  I think Black and White looks good on a 55! ;)

I would love to see more of this car as it comes along.

Thank you for sharing!

Eric Bell