Buick sales brochures, 1946 thru 1976

WWS

I meet a fellow a couple years ago that started collecting Buick sales brochures on the cars, as a young man, starting in 1946,  he went back to the dealer every year and got one or all for the new years models , so there is a booklet for each year, and or model for 30 years. Plus a few additional ones up into the 80s.

Two boxes of sales info and specs

$250

can be delivered to Springfield

Mark, I'd be very interested in these as well as would love to be introduce to this interesting person. What foresight to have done this!! Can you email me his contact info. I started collecting these several years ago and got pretty much everything down into the 50's, then it started getting expensive. Not sure I can swing the purchase but want to at least talk to him and see what we might can work out. Here's my lil piddly collection...

post-77380-0-58182200-1433462500_thumb.j

post-77380-0-40621000-1433462505_thumb.j

• Like 1

Lamar,

I don't remember the fellows name, after I purchased the collection, I didn't contact him again.

As to the idea of selling them individually, I would hope that whoever purchases these from me respects the heritage and history behind them and keeps this all together

Mark

• Like 1

Mark,  Oh, I read it that you knew someone who had these for sell, now I see.....

ugghhh this is a tough one. I really don't have the funds to be spending on these right now, in fact $250 would probably get me to Springfield and you know I'd love to be heading there. If I bought them I would probably go through them and if it is missing anything fill it with possibly something from mine,  then sell what's left of mine. But again not top priority for me right now as I am trying to get a new barn built for my cars. So bad as I hate to I better pass and hopefully someone else will seize the opportunity.  It took me several years and far in excess of the asking price of these, to collect what I have. I paid between $10 and $30 each for mine with the older ones costing the most. So even at the low end, they are worth 3-400 bucks.  An opportunity like this doesn't come around very often folks.

Actually they are GMAP, Doraville cabinets Anderson. :o You're right, no '41's, too high dollar for this Gawja boy. :(

Those are very nice cabinets. It's a shame that the Doraville plant is gone. Would like to have had a sign or two from the around the property.

"As to the idea of selling them individually, I would hope that whoever purchases these from me respects the heritage and history behind them and keeps this all together"

Hear hear, Mark, me too.

There's no desire on my end to do that, gents!  Just making an observation after trying to locate brochures specific to my model year ;)