Reordering photos in a post?

In the old software, you could upload your photos and then rearrange them so they appeared in the order you wanted. The new software just seems to upload them in a random order and there's no way to reorganize them once they're uploaded. I even tried uploading them one at a time in the order I wanted, but after five or six photos, it started putting subsequent uploades above the others, so there's really no way to predict where they'll land. It's not a big deal, but it's kind of annoying beause I like to present the cars a certain way that makes sense.

I spent quite a while trying to figure it out--is there an organizing feature I'm not seeing after the photos are uploaded?

Thanks!

PS: FireFox has gagged twice on some script related to the photo upload. Once it was enough to crash FireFox, the second time I was able to ignore it and refresh the page and continue. Don't know if they're related.

Matt,

Yes, there is an easy way to organize photos in posts to the new board. I'm going to bring over material from my hobby board that shows the technique and I'm sorry it is not old car related but I think you'll get the idea. If anyone wishes to see the original post on my forum, click HERE; the post I am bringing over is toward the bottom of that thread/topic.

I'm going to use a recent post made by my member Casey Scott to help "illustrate" the process.

Here's what Casey's post originally looked like:

post-0-0-39833300-1433444105_thumb.jpg

Note the boxed-in-red bullet and "Attached Images" label? These indicate that the poster attached the photo to his post but that he did not place an "Image Tag" for the photo in the text field. Therefore the software is displaying the attached image by default at the bottom below the text.

If I go into Edit Mode and enter the Full Editor, I see the post text in the text field and the attached image shown beneath the text field.

post-0-0-65404400-1433444106_thumb.jpg

To add an image tag to the text field, I click on the "Add to Post" highlighted at the bottom right of the following pic and the tag is added to the text field wherever I have my insertion point placed; here it was on the second line below the text line. The image tag is the code boxed in red.

post-0-0-32883700-1433444107_thumb.jpg

If I save this, here's what it looks like.

post-0-0-30838900-1433444330_thumb.jpg

Since there's only one image attachment in this post, here's how you would re-arrange the text and image, to place the text below the image. It works the same way with multiple images. Using the image tags in the text field allow you to control where the images appear, in what order, and to intersperse text and images as you wish.

Here I have moved the image tag to be above the line of text (using cut and paste):

post-0-0-01270300-1433444118_thumb.jpg

And when saved, this is what the post looks like:

post-0-0-59225100-1433444337_thumb.jpg

Hopefully, this will clear up your confusion on the pic posting process and allow your posts with image attachments to appear as you desire.

Here on the AACA forum, Peter has configured pics to display initially as thumbnails, but that has no effect on the posting process itself.

Does this help?
Edited by gwells (see edit history)

I'm a little concerned that members here may think I am sticking my nose in where it doesn't belong or being a bit pushy, and that's not my motivation.

My hobby board has used the IP.Board software for almost ten years and I've had to learn a lot of the nuances the hard way. Just wanted to share that knowledge with my fellow AACA members.

And I am certainly not trying to usurp Peter's leadership in any way whatsoever. He's the boss and can tell me to go away any time he wishes...

Edited by gwells (see edit history)