VIN body location? -- 1952 Cadillac 62

Steve-V

There should be a tag on the firewall held on with two rivits with a bunch of numbers on it.  Sometimes it's plain aluminum, other times it's painted body color.    On a 1952 Cadillac, the car serial number is the same as the engine number.    This tag will also show the body number, paint code, and the accessory codes the car came with originally.  

Edited by K8096 (see edit history)

Your car is a 1952 if the data tag starts with 52.  52 6267 is a 1952 Cadillac 62 series conv coupe.   The X means power windows.   I'm thinking the engine was replaced with a one year later one.  While matching numbers is nice to have, they're basically the same engine so it really doesn't matter.   Notice the white plastic lubrication tag you showed a picture of shows yet a different number - 60433.  Someone probably took that tag off a different car and put it on yours.   I made one mistake in my first post.   I believe the 5 digit number that's on the engine after the year & series is also stamped on the top of the frame in the engine compartment.  It could be on the drivers side somewhere.  The aluminum body tag does not show the VIN #.   Your title says the VIN is 536256297?     

Edited by K8096 (see edit history)

According to my 51 Cadillac Data book, "THE CHASSIS NUMBER STAMPED TWO PLACES, TOP FLANGE OF R.H.SIDE BAR-REAR OF ENGINE MOUNTING, AND TOP R.H.
SIDE BAR, MIDWAY IN CHASSIS COVERED BY BODY."

It should be the same for 52.

Thanks for the info.  

I am going to assume this is a late model '52 with a (matching) '53 engine.  This is a 6 Volt car.... while the '53 is first year for 12 Volt.  

Any other thoughts would be appreciated--