1929 BUICK 41 CAR COVER RECOMMENDATIONS

raydurr

I am interested in purchasing a car cover for my 29-41. The car will be stored inside an insulated building in East Texas. The climate here is fairly high humidity most of the time. I want a cover that is cut to fit correctly as well as easy to install. What manufacturer and what material would you recommend?

I have been selling Covercraft covers for over 30 years.   California Covers gets their covers from Covercraft,  I can always beat their prices.

The hardest part of selecting a cover these days is the huge number of materials available.  Presently we have 14 materials,  some in several colors if that matters.

I suggest a material that can also be used outside... if you ever take your car on a tour or have an overnight show,  a outdoor cover will shed dew and rain and save you lots of clean up time.

Even if you use an inclosed trailer,  I would still go with one of the outdoor rated covers.  The outdoor covers have a tighter weave that does a great job if your only concern is dust.

I sell mostly to pre-war owners that cannot find a custom fit for their cars.   I enjoy supplying a cover for a rare or low production car that some of the "big" sellers do not want to do the research or get the dimensions for your car.      Click on my picture and send me a note with our email and I can give you prices on different materials.    

If you have not already gone to the Covercraft web site,  here is a link http://www.covercraft.com/carcovers/custom_car_covers.html

You can read about all the different materials, warranties, colors etc.... I can supply material samples if that helps.

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)

I used Warren Cox Car Covers (PO Box 216, Lakewood, CA, 90713, USA. Tel: 213-421-2884) for my 29 Buick roadster, in 1978.  Don't know if they are still in business.  They made a custom cover to fit including trunk, sidemount mirrors and radio aerial.  I use it inside an unheated, free-standing garage.  Put it on each winter and throw in washing machine & dryer each spring.  It's been great.

Bill McLaughlin

1929 McLaughlin Buick Roadster

Supporter of All Together Parking by Era