1963 BUICK RIVIERA TURN SIGNAL SWITCH

Guest JDriv63

Guest JDriv63

Hello all. I am new to the forum and new to posting on forums.. I am looking to replace the broken turn signal switch on the tilt steering 1963 Buick Riviera. From what I've seen so far these are hard to come by. If you could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Thank you

If your car does not have the optional cornering lights, there are reproduction switches available which I believe will fit your car. Take a look at this:http://www.ebay.com/itm/64-66-Skylark-Gran-Sport-Turn-Signal-Switch-with-Tilt-New-Replaces-Delco-D6220-/180801780787?fits=Year%3A1966|Make%3ABuick&hash=item2a18a03c33&vxp=mtr

Check the number of contacts in the switch connector and if it is the same as the reproduction part I think you will be OK. Hope this helps.

Guest JDriv63

Thank you for your help.. I'm not sure if I have corner lights due to lights bot working.. This is a new car to me picked it up to restore so I know little about it at this point.. The switch in question has the 5 pins at the top in a triangular configuration and then has three pins at the bottom left of the switch in a left right center configuration for a total of 8 pins. I need to figure out how to attach a picture.. If you could give me some info on the switch I have that would be great.. When I look up 1963 Buick Riviera turn signal switch the switch I have is the first to pop up under images

Guest JDriv63

So if I get the aftermarket 5 pin part the front turn signal lights will blink rather than stay on.. Is that the deal? I don't know what corner lights are

Guest JDriv63

Sorry yes it is 6 pins and 3 at the bottom total of 9 pins.. I see know that one of the pins was missing on my switch.