1957 Roadmaster Convertible

lancemb

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rob McDonald

Aww, I was hoping for some skinned knuckles stories. So the lump is back in place and getting ready to fire. Good for you on work well and quickly done.

Aww, I was hoping for some skinned knuckles stories. So the lump is back in place and getting ready to fire. Good for you on work well and quickly done.

Well, I did obtain some injuries such as a nasty bruise and lump on my shin as the door swung shut on it while reaching in to fish the new speedo cable through! I also received a few pokes to the scalp over the last few weeks.

My knuckles have been good though as I started wearing gloves almost constantly a few years back.

The worst though was a bad infection I got while power washing the engine, when I stupidly got my hand in the way and blasted a hole in it. Won't do that again, guaranteed!

Oh, what we put up with for the love of these relics of art on wheels.

• Like 1

Sooooo I finally got the car back together and it fired right up and sounded great, with 2 small issues. First, there was a coolant leak that I couldn't figure out right away. This turned out to be that temp sensor not tight enough so I think I have that solved. However, I have not been able to run it long enough to confirm.

The freshly rebuilt fuel pump I put in caused fuel to gush out of the carburetor! The pressure is through the roof. I already took it off and am awaiting an NOS pump that is on order. See the thread I started on this in the post war section fir more detail.

Anyway hopefully Saturday will be the day I can go and take the car for a cruise, and take it to its temporary storage spot! I just hope no more issues arise...

Edited by lancemb (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

Yes! A carb rebuild took care of my fuel problem. I only got to drive the car a short distance though, because it is in temporary storage while I await closing on my new house next month. I was over there this weekend though and noticed an oil puddle formed. Since it is happening while sitting I am guessing snd hoping it is just not sealing well at the oil plug!

As soon as I move in and get settled I'll take a look but that will probably be a few months. I need to get as much as possible done with the house before spring so I can spend the warmer months cruising!

I hope you are making good progress on yours!